1.0 Beta 3 now available

Hi folk!

As of now, 1.0 Beta 3 of the IM Gateway plugin is available here. This release is more or less to get us all on the same page and does -not- fix all known bugs. I still have quite a few pending. Regardless, this should be an improvement over the previous version and should make sure we are all reporting bugs that really do still exist. =)

Enjoy! Let me know what new issues you run into (ideally those that have not already been reported in the tracker)!

Do you have a change / fix log for this update?

gknapper wrote:

Do you have a change / fix log for this update?

Yes, it’‘s posted alongside the plugin on the beta page. (there are two icons in it’'s row, one for the readme, one for the changelog)

My bad… I am blind!:_|

Next time I will do less drinking and get more sleep before posting a question!

I assume the LDAP issue is still there? The one that prevents the user from login on wildfire if the plugin is installed ?

alvarow wrote:

I assume the LDAP issue is still there? The one that prevents the user from login on wildfire if the plugin is installed ?

Sadly, yes. That is one I need to get up with Matt and Gato about when things settle down on their end.

I bumped the priority of GATE-55 since it would solve this issue.

Here’'s my setup:

1. Installed the original wildfire server

2. Ran the beta2 plugin (worked ok)

3. Dropped in the beta3 plugin

4. Started the server to receive the following in the console:

Exception in thread “Event Fired” java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.convertIDToJID(BaseTransport.ja va:731)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.contactR equestReceived(YahooSessionListener.java:217)

at ymsg.network.Session$FireEvent.run(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.convertIDToJID(BaseTransport.ja va:731)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.yahoo.YahooSessionListener.contactR equestReceived(YahooSessionListener.java:217)

java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.StreamChannelSession.readFromChannel(StreamChannelSession.jav a:45)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onReadable(ChannelSession.java:212)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onEvent(ChannelSession.java:134)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SocketSession.onEvent(SocketSession.java:119)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.processKey(SimpleEventGenerator.java:212 )

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:192)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.access$000(SimpleEventGenerator.java:54)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator$1.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:115)

Looks like my yahoo contacts are online – just not all of them (like I posted previously).

an alternative change log within the tracker:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues/browse/GATE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin. system.project:changelog-panel

and the roadmap:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues/browse/GATE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin. system.project:roadmap-panel

if an issue is listed there one should not report it as a problem or bug, I like these “auto-reconnect does not work” posts as this is already well-known.