1.0 Beta 6b Released!

Hi folk! I have tracked down the bug with ICQ logins (and I think it may have been affecting AIM as well) and repaired the issue. I have also fixed the database scripts and I believe they should now work across the board for all supported databases. (I compared with database scripts that already existed for Wildfire itself)

The updated version can be found on the Beta Plugins page. I highly recommend anyone using the plugin to upgrade to this version.

If you are having major database problems, and do not mind losing any current registration information, an easy way to fix the database issues is to do the following:

1. Log into your database, switch to your wildfire database

(the following 3 steps may fail, ignore if they do)

1. drop table gatewayRegistration

2. drop table gatewayPseudoRoster

3. drop table gatewayRestrictions

4. delete from jiveVersion where name = ‘‘gateway’’

Then reload the plugin from the plugins screen. That should trigger the plugin to recreate all of it’'s tables.

Many thanks, all is working fine and there is no problem with encoding of incoming messages in cyrillic.

That’'s great news! Thank you for letting me know! (be sure to thank nikitine! He wrote the code to support that! =) )

Sure, thanks for nikitine

And… jadestorm… I find that my problem with contact-list in Spark (after change to IM-gateway from PyICQt I can’‘t see half of contact-list) is occur because of problem in Wildfire database. After clean old record manually I partially fix this problem (some contacts from ICQ server doesn’'t appear… But maybe there is a problem at ICQ server-side?). Maybe will be helpful to make an initialization script for database, which must work after install/upgrade IM-gateway plugin?

Another question… I can’'t see any record in gatewayPseudoRoster table - in gatewayRegistration table I can see the records. It is normal?

Message was edited by: Ivan L.

Ivan L. wrote:

And… jadestorm… I find that my problem with contact-list in Spark (after change to IM-gateway from PyICQt I can’‘t see half of contact-list) is occur because of problem in Wildfire database. After clean old record manually I partially fix this problem (some contacts from ICQ server doesn’'t appear… But maybe there is a problem at ICQ server-side?). Maybe will be helpful to make an initialization script for database, which must work after install/upgrade IM-gateway plugin?

An initialization script? I’‘m not sure what you mean. Is this different than the stuff in plugins/gateway/database? I don’‘t really see how the Wildfire databases would be affecting your contact list from ICQ through the transport. It’'s possible what you are seeing is related to GATE-101.

Another question… I can’'t see any record in gatewayPseudoRoster table - in gatewayRegistration table I can see the records. It is normal?

Yes, this is normal, the pseudo roster table is only used if the legacy service does not offer a particular piece of the roster service. For example, Yahoo doesn’‘t allow storing nicknames on their server, so we store that info in the pseudo roster table. IRC has no server side roster storage at all, so we have to store everything in the pseudo roster table for IRC. AIM, ICQ, and MSN all behave nicely and don’'t need it.

jadestorm wrote:

It’'s possible what you are seeing is related to Bug-- Open: Unresolved GATE-101.

Situation is very similar to GATE-101. I find that problem is exist if “authorization required” is set by contact, which displayed in contact list as “Pending”. If contact is disable this feature - all is OK.

About database… Unfortunately, I have’'nt good experience in working mechanism of IM-gateway. I try to understand and make an assumption Where can I read about IM-gateway algorithm in detail? Maybe this help me (and, probably, You) to solve this problem.