1.1.0 Beta 5

Hi folk, attached is 1.1.0 Beta 5. This version adds support for Gadu-Gadu and also fixes a number of buglets here and there. It also fixes one major bug where your MUC chatroom sessions would get left around if you disconnected before leaving the IRC room directly. Still a number of things to go, but wanted to put this update out quick because of the IRC issue and I know some folk are excited about Gadu-Gadu. =)

Oh, just wanted to say that the bug reported about multiple people logging into IRC and all messages looking like they come from a single one of the people logged in is most likely not fixed unless I got lucky. (Just wanted to make a point of saying that it’'s still an outstanding issue to be looked into)

Ok i just test this.

I add GG transport on openfire server but i still dont have this accessible in Spark.

I try to restart server and spark but without an resaults.

PS. I’'m impressed, you create this gg transport very fast

THX

Message was edited by: Rauko

Oh sorry =/ You are kind of out of luck with Spark unfortunately. It has to explicitly support the transport in question for you to be able to interact with it using Sparks mechanisms. That said, you can use the admin console interface Gateway -> Registrations and register yourself via that and you won’'t see an icon for gadu-gadu in Spark, but you will see it in your roster and you should be able to interact with it/use it just fine.

OK.

I’'m still testing this GG Transport, and i have some problems. But i thing ist not a Gateway but client problem.

• when i add new contact i still have Pending status

• when i someone start chat from gg client and i press Add to contacts (in chat window) i have server error and i’'m loosing connection to server.

Rauko wrote:

OK.

I’'m still testing this GG Transport, and i have some problems. But i thing ist not a Gateway but client problem.

• when i add new contact i still have Pending status
  • when i someone start chat from gg client and i press Add to contacts (in chat window) i have server error and i’'m loosing connection to server.

Hrm. I would disagree and say there are the fault of the plugin. =) Pending status . . . I thought I had that fixed. After you add it -should- be setting the status to… well subscribed basically. The second … do you have any logs from your server? Debugging enabled perhaps? It might help to be able to look them over a bit. You are using Spark? What version?

I will send you logs later.

Yes i’'m using Spark 2.5.4 and server Openfire 3.3.2

Awesome, thank you!

Error #2

And now i found other error and this one is much worst.

i configure GG transport and log in in spark, then run GG Client with other account configured. And in GG client my user configured in Openfire transport, has change status all the time from active to not active.

1 min after this strange situation i lost connection to GG server.

Debug log from this is on your mail.

What the… There’‘s a contact on your list with a UIN of -1??? =) Any idea how that might have gotten there? Do you have any “this is just an SMS number” entries in your list? (just trying to figure out what might have caused this) It’'s easy to account for … I can just ignore UINs that are less than -1, but still.

Now it’'s OK

I send you more problems (not errors) on mail.

Hi !

What about GATE-273 ? This bug wait for fix second year. ICQ have number of users some as MSN or more, and this bug is critical for use gateway, please, correct it eventually…

One more thing to change in GG transport.

If this is possible - dont’’ import groups (groups from GG don’'t work correctly in Spark).

nongrate wrote:

Hi !

What about GATE-273 ? This bug wait for fix second year. ICQ have number of users some as MSN or more, and this bug is critical for use gateway, please, correct it eventually…

Submit me a patch for it and it’‘ll be fixed. Otherwise I’'ll get to it when it happen to shift my focus that way and/or it get a lot of votes.

Rauko wrote:

One more thing to change in GG transport.

If this is possible - dont’’ import groups (groups from GG don’'t work correctly in Spark).

Hrm. I’‘m not likely to not import groups. It’‘s the best place to store your contact list. What’'s not working about it?

Submit me a patch for it and it’‘ll be fixed. Otherwise I’'ll get to it when it happen to shift my focus that way and/or it get a lot of votes.

How many votes need for You can do it?

Groups form GG don’'t work corectly in spark.

Because i can’'t change them if i need. If i change (delete, rename) group imported form GG server and then relog, everything will back.

nongrate wrote:

How many votes need for You can do it?

It’‘s not a matter of getting to a particular number of votes. It’‘s more a matter of more than just a couple people having interest in it getting fixed. Beyond that it’‘s a matter of what I consider “fun to do” and right now I haven’‘t the slightest idea what it’‘s problem it. If this were my job it would be a different story. But it’'s my free time.

One of the things I happen to be working on right now is using a different API for the AIM/ICQ support which I actually believe will solve a lot of these issues, but I won’'t know until I make the conversion and see how things fly.

If you noticed, the original report of there being ICQ auth problems was closed because I added what appeared to be proper support for it but something still isn’'t going right.

Rauko wrote:

Groups form GG don’'t work corectly in spark.

Because i can’'t change them if i need. If i change (delete, rename) group imported form GG server and then relog, everything will back.

Hrm. That’‘s uncool. Sounds like my mechanisms for uploading changes aren’'t taking. Wait … is it strictly groups? If you set nicknames for people do they stay put?

No, users too.

And one more thing still dont work.

When i add new GG user - his status is pending, and when i press this green + (add to contacts list) when i speak with someone from gg, then spark loosing connection to server.