1.1.0 Beta 7

Hi folk!! Attached is 1.1.0 Beta 7 which includes some major fixes such as:

• MSN support updated to handle “NOT” message which was apparently causing a lot of folk not to be able to log in

• Multiple resource handling fixed finally!!!

• Adds, deletes, updates, etc to your roster should take effect properly now, there were some issues in dealing with evens from openfire that I had to abstract out a bit so they didn’'t cause problems.

• Yahoo status’'s -should- be lining up properly now.

• Builds and runs under Openfire’'s 3.4.* series now

• Misc improvements to IRC handling and XMPP handling.

Probably some things I’‘m missing, but let me know what you run into! We’'re getting quite close to a release at this point so test test test please!

very nice. I’'ve just installed it and it seems to be working fine until now but I will keep an eye open for bugs ;).

Btw: Are there any plans to implement GATE-49 in near future? That would be quite important for some of my users. Well they would like to see that.

Thank you for your hard work. I think I found a new job for you :stuck_out_tongue:

Now the presence flood is working on login with a second client. But when I logout of psi (mac and windows) and pidgin (windows) as the second client, my gateways in my first client (Adium) are getting disconnect. Yesterday I noticed the same with beta 6.

Shall I send you the logs again? Don’'t know what you would look for, so I have started debug logging, started my second client, close the second client and disable debug logging.

I hope you understood what I said, since I am still sleeping :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Sended it anyway

I took a quick look at the logs and I noticed there are unavailable presences send to my jid, without a resource.

This makes me think that also going away or idle sets all clients to away or idle. Will test this later

Obi_Wan wrote:

very nice. I’'ve just installed it and it seems to be working fine until now but I will keep an eye open for bugs ;).

Btw: Are there any plans to implement GATE-49 in near future? That would be quite important for some of my users. Well they would like to see that.

Yeah I had already started on that and … I don’‘t know why but it just wasn’‘t getting a response from ICQ. I have some grande plans on migrating to a higher level API with joscar which may or may not help with this. I was going to do it for 1.1.0 but I ran into a lot of snags so I postponed until post-1.1.0. I would like to see this functionality too. Basically what it boils down to is at the moment it’‘s not just something with my code that I have to debug, it’‘s an OSCAR protocol debugging fiesta… and that is a bit of a pain. =) Anyway, I’‘m hoping to have it soonish and I’'m hoping that the higher level API will help me out.

Hrm. Yes I see what you mean. Trying to determine how I should fix that up. Stay tuned.

I noticed it doesn’'t affect changing status to away or any thing else.

Just out of curiosity, what happens when I create a loop of xmpp accounts. What happens with all the other transports?

For example: Account 2 has a msn account registered and account1 through the xmpp gateway.

Account 1 has account2 registered through the gateway.

Now what will happen if I log into account 1?

MxSan wrote:

I noticed it doesn’'t affect changing status to away or any thing else.

It should only affect anything if you are changing the resource with the highest priority. (that I did test extensively before putting out 1.1.0 beta 7) =)

Just out of curiosity, what happens when I create a loop of xmpp accounts. What happens with all the other transports?

For example: Account 2 has a msn account registered and account1 through the xmpp gateway.

Account 1 has account2 registered through the gateway.

Now what will happen if I log into account 1?

I don’‘t know actually, mind giving it a shot? lol I hate to say it like this but I hope no one would be that ridiculous as to point the XMPP transport at their own server. And if they do, I should hope they have a good reason and have thought it through. I’'m not sure I want to start second guessing people.

jadestorm wrote:

Yeah I had already started on that and … I don’‘t know why but it just wasn’‘t getting a response from ICQ. I have some grande plans on migrating to a higher level API with joscar which may or may not help with this. I was going to do it for 1.1.0 but I ran into a lot of snags so I postponed until post-1.1.0. I would like to see this functionality too. Basically what it boils down to is at the moment it’‘s not just something with my code that I have to debug, it’‘s an OSCAR protocol debugging fiesta… and that is a bit of a pain. =) Anyway, I’‘m hoping to have it soonish and I’'m hoping that the higher level API will help me out.

I will be looking forward to that feature

MxSan, in the log you sent me, all I’‘m seeing is a single resource, “Psi”. I don’'t see any mention of another resource coming online or going offline or anything.

Actually MxSan, don’‘t worry about logs. It’'s easy for me to reproduce the same behavior. Trying to track it down.

MxSan, please try the attached gateway.jar.
gateway.jar (1170025 Bytes)

jadestorm wrote:

I don’‘t know actually, mind giving it a shot? lol I hate to say it like this but I hope no one would be that ridiculous as to point the XMPP transport at their own server. And if they do, I should hope they have a good reason and have thought it through. I’'m not sure I want to start second guessing people.

I will give it a try this evening.

jadestorm wrote:

MxSan, in the log you sent me, all I’‘m seeing is a single resource, “Psi”. I don’'t see any mention of another resource coming online or going offline or anything.

That is because I started debug logging, after I’'ve started my first client.

jadestorm wrote:

Actually MxSan, don’‘t worry about logs. It’'s easy for me to reproduce the same behavior. Trying to track it down.

Next time I will wait until you say I can send them. Wasn’'t sure if you could reproduce or not. Sometimes I act to quick :stuck_out_tongue:

jadestorm wrote:

MxSan, please try the attached gateway.jar.

It is working as it should. Thank you for this quick fix.

No worries about the logs. It’'s not like I was upset about them or anything.

I wasn’'t offended, just to make sure. I just thought I needed to explain my way of thinking. My way of thinking is sometimes a little strange to others. My brains work a little different then brains of most people.

You should’'ve seen me writing or talking in my native language. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi,

I deployed the 1.1.0 Beta 7 but after my Jabber client does into inactivity mode, my equivalent MSN account goes offline with the last status as “Idle for more than 5 minutes”. The MSN status remains offline even when my Jaber presence goes back to Active. This does not happen when I was using the 1.0.2 version. I’'ll have to logout of the OpenFire server and relogin to get my MSN status as online again.

Can you help to resolve this? Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: linuspoon

Hrm. I can not duplicate this. I doubt that 1.1.0 (non-beta) fixes this particular issue though. Do you have debugging enabled and can you send me the debug logs?

Oh oh, you know what? You are using Spark, aren’'t you? Spark does something bizarre where when you go idle it sets your priority to -1. Or at least it did, I think they changed that in newer releases. (that may not be it, but I do remember running into that problem myself with Spark in the past)

Hi!

May i hope that GATE-195 will be fixed soon?

It’'ll be fixed alongside all of the other ICQ fixes most likely. No time frame.

Note that one of the JIRA issues is to update to a higher level API in my OSCAR support library which I -believe- automatically takes care of the 2003b messages for me, but time will tell.