1.1.4 Do you need administrator rights?

Hi all,

We are currently in the test phase of implementing “no admin rights”. As such, there is one user we built a new computer for and took away her local administrator rights.

The user logs onto Spark but everyone on her list will appear offline.

I will have to do some testing tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else had some input on this.

Share your thoughts/ideas.

Thanks!

Hi,

you don’‘t need admin rights to run Spark and if I remember right a normal user can even install it. Is it possible that some directories are still owned by Administrator and your normal user can’'t write/read there?

LG

The user logs onto spark and then everyone is on her offline list. Yet, everyone else will view her as online and can send her messages. (She does not see the messages, though).

She is running MSN messenger along with Spark. I have tried to replicate this issue, but coming up with nothing.

Anyone else have any input? Should I have that user upgrade to the newest version of spark?

Hi,

what does I have tried to replicate this issue, but coming up with nothing. mean?

Is she able to chat normally if she uses your computer/installation and her username?

Does your account run fine if you login in her computer/installation?

LG