15 Second Delay Connecting to XMPP Server in 4.2.0

I am also having the exact issue… still persistent in 4.2.0 r2

Then try what I wrote here: https://community.igniterealtime.org/message/262585#comment-262585

Thanks! Works perfectly now! Will continue testing.

1 Like

How Exactly do I go about doing this again? I can’t seem to find the directory since I’m pulling using mavern. I will try to look harder
Also Can you hopefully add it to the next build as (as a quick fix ) if you don’t mind?

EDIT: I just grabbed 4.2.0-rc3-SNAPSHOT , but changes isn’t reflected

You should copy modified AndroidUsingExec class from minidns/AndroidUsingExec.java at f46491a029b270b9f56101882ee400c6d0afc7ea · Flowdalic/minidns · GitHub to your project and call following lines before connecting:

DNSClient.removeDNSServerLookupMechanism(de.measite.minidns.dnsserverlookup.AndroidUsingExec.INSTANCE); DNSClient.addDnsServerLookupMechanism(AndroidUsingExec.INSTANCE);

Will we still need to use the modified AndroidUsingExec once 4.2.0-rc3 is released?

This is unrelated to the Smack release: The issue is within MiniDNS. We will release MiniDNS 0.2.1 in the coming weeks, which will fix the issue. And since Smack uses a ranged version in the declaration of the MiniDNS dependency, and Smack 4.2 release candidate will eventually pick up the fix.

I am still having the exact issue… still persistent in 4.2.0, pulling using mavern for android. Is this issue fixed in smack 4.2.0 release.