2.1.1 installed, user notification still won''t work

I installed 2.1.1 last night and almost everything seems to have been fixed except the fact that users do not update when they sign on or sign off.

For example my boss signed on today in the morning and only sees one group of people update regulary (The management group who he is a part of) He is not able to see any other group update. Recently I asked him how many people he saw on his roster and 13 out of 111 were supposely signed on, when he logged off and logged back in the roster reported the right current number of 63/111, and this not only happens to him but to everyone else, myself included, it seems that it will only update the status of members of people who are on the same group but not “viewers” of groups.

yup, i’'m still experiencing the same problem… the active sessions in the admin console shows 9 but i only see 4 people online until i log off and back on.

Hey guys,

I have a question for you. How are your groups being configured? I’‘m now fixing this problem JM-148 which will fix an issue when you have more than one public group. By public group I mean a group that is configured with this option: "Show group in all users’’ rosters".

Regards,

– Gato

Right now I have 9 groups, none of which have the “Show group in all users’’ rosters” option enabled. All groups except for one are configured to show: “Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups:” the only group that does not share the same option has the option of “Disable sharing group in rosters”

I hope this helps.

Hey Carlos,

Can you give me an example of groups and group users that you are using in order to reproduce the problem?

Thanks,

– Gato

9 Groups:

Agent-Support - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center and Sales. 5 users, no admins.

Customer-Service - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center and Sales. 51 users, no admins.

Delray-Center - Disable sharing group in rosters. 81 users, no admins.

Management - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center. 9 users, no admins.

NOC - Can only be seen by Management, NOC and Tech Support. 3 users, no admins.

QA - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center and Sales. 3 users, no admins.

Repair - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center and Sales. 9 users, no admins.

Sales - Can only be seen by Sales and Management. 22 users, no admins.

Tech-Support - Can be seen by all other groups except by Delray-Center and Sales. 10 users, no admins.

All users connect to server via psi 0.9.3

Side note: If you notice I had to use a dash “-” in between groups with two words because the option ‘‘Show group to members’’ rosters of these groups:’’ will not allow the selection of groups with more than one word as its name.

Hope this helps,

Message was edited by:

Carlos

Message was edited by:

Carlos

Carlos,

Thanks for the detailed information about your groups. The problem with group names with more than one word has been fixed. You can try with the latest nightly build.

Could you provide me a step-by-step guide to reproduce the problem you are having with groups. Something like, 1)user1 logs in, 2)user2 do this, etc.

Thanks,

– Gato

Gato,

Using the same group info as above, let’'s say I have user1 and user2 in Customer-Service, and user3 and user4 in Management.

user3 logs in and sees everyone logged in, but if user1 or user2 logs off, user3 or user4 won’'t be able to notice that and will assume they are still online.

If user1 logs off user2 will receive the notification possibly because they are in the same group, but if user3 or user4 logs off anyone in customer-service won’'t see the notification either.

In other words if you’'re not part of the group you will not see real-time online/office notifications unless you log off and log back on.

all my groups are public.

but i’‘m having the same issue as carlos… if you are not part of that group then you don’'t see the log on and log off correctly.

Message was edited by:

Andrew

Not yet. I located the source of the problem when using public groups. But there is another similar problem when letting other groups see the members of a group. I want to fix both problems at once since they are somehow related.

I’'ll let you know when there is a fix for this.

Thanks for the patience,

– Gato

can we get the group stuff commited so i can release at least that fix to my users?

I really appreciate all the work you are doing and the other developers.

Andrew

Hey Andrew,

I’‘ll try to commit a fix that solves some of the reported problems by this week. I’'ll keep you all updated when the fixes are available.

Thanks for the patience,

– Gato

Thank you, i switched all my agents on this software… the bug remains in the last nightly build. I look forward to your update

Andrew

Hi Gaston,

how is it going on with your fix, a short status info would be great …

Regards,

Frank

bump

anything?

Hey guys,

I’'m now working on the fix so you may hear news from me today.

Regards,

– Gato

i appreciate it. Thank you.

In the next nightly build you will find many bug fixes for the shared groups problems. However, some problems are still pending (when changing the configuration of the shared group) and will try to fix them in the next couple of days. If you want you can try using the latest nightly build and let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

I’'ve tried the CVS version right now and after re-configuring the DB and Messenger from scratch it seems to work fine yeeha

Two more questions:

• how can the pending issue about shared groups affect a live environment or what are open issues?

• what about the messenger startup/shudown-script, is there a reason that it’‘s not included in cvs? (it’'s only in the binary-package)

Thanks and regards from Germany,

Frank

i tried it and things to work very well. Thank you.

Andrew