2.1 to 2.5 upgrade - can no longer register users

I’'m using Wildfire 2.5.0 on Debian installed from tarball with the embedded DB.

I had been running 2.1.0. I unpacked the new tarball and copied the old jive-messsenger.xml to wildfire.xml. I copied the old messenger.properties and messenger.script and renamed them wildfire.*. I changed the .

I started the server and can log in with existing accounts and to the GUI. I can create new accounts through the GUI, however, when I try to register a new account with a client (Gaim 1 or 2) the account is not created. It never shows up in the admin GUI or in wildfire.script. Attempts to log in to the new account fails (of course). The client doesn’'t get an error back, however.

Inband account registration and Change password are enabled, Anonymous login is disabled.

Did I foul something up on the upgrade? I realize there are scripts in resources/database/upgrade but didn’'t do anything with them. Should I have? Can I really just move the xml file over and “it works”?

Thanks.

Can you check the logs to see if there are any errors around creating new accounts?

Regards,

Matt

Yes! I meant to include that.

This occurs a few times:

javax.security.sasl.SaslException: DIGEST-MD5: IO error acquiring password [Caused by java.io.IOException: org.jiveso

ftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: matt52]

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(DigestMD5Se rver.java:577)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.evaluateResponse(DigestMD5Server.j ava:226)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :315)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:276)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: matt52

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.XMPPCallbackHandler.handle(XMPPCallbackHandler.ja va:69)

at com.sun.security.sasl.digest.DigestMD5Server.validateClientResponse(DigestMD5Se rver.java:568)

… 6 more

2006.02.28 12:34:46 Stream error detected. Session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@1cc5461 status: 1 address

: debian-gx260.us.ad.steris.com/c9924963 id: c9924963 presence:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SASLAuthentication.doHandshake(SASLAuthentication .java:138)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.authenticateClient(SocketReader.java :315)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:276)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:119)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.02.28 12:34:54 SaslException

Hey “undisclosed”,

The NullPointerException has been fixed in the latest nightly build as well as other SASL problems. It would be nice to know if you are still having this issue after using the latest nightly build.

Thanks,

– Gato

I had been running 2.1.0. I unpacked the new tarball

and copied the old jive-messsenger.xml to

wildfire.xml. I copied the old messenger.properties

and messenger.script and renamed them wildfire.*. I

changed the tags in wildfire.xml to

i didnt changed tags in jive-messenger.xml, just renamed it to wildfire.xml. Should i change them? It seems to work correctly though.

Hey wroot,

In fact the root element may have any name. Wildfire will use the elements defined under the root element no matter the name of the root element.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

– Gato