2.5.8.beta1 causing blue screen of death (stop error)

Well, this might be more of a development issue possibly, but every time I try to run the beta spark I get a blue screen and stop error (Error code 1000008e, parameter1 c0000005, parameter2 805610ff, parameter3 b4099ce0, parameter4 00000000.)

I can reproduce it on my system, but I really don’t want to try it any others and wanted to find out if this has been experienced by anyone else.

I’m running Windows XP SP2, on a Dell Vostro 400 with a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz.

-Arlo

Scrypto wrote:

but I really don’t want to try it any others and wanted to find out if this has been experienced by anyone else.

I think Beta 1 is in use by a large number of community users (ai’m using it with two PCs, WinXP), and so far there were no reports about it causing bsod’s. So this could be your environment specific (drivers, java, os).

I have 2.5.8 beta 1 deployed to 1018 client machines in my district with not a single blue screen problem, they all have sun java 6 update 3, installed with the spark_2_5_8_beta1_online.exe install file… Hope you get your problem figured out … I would say redownload the file, make sure your java is up to snuff, then try to track down what is really causing the conflict. Is it blue screening during the install? Or when you try to run the program? What installer are you using? try taking a look at: http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:R2UkwyYW2m0J:www.experts-exchange.com/Opera ting_Systems/WinXP/Q_21729266.htmlErrorcode+1000008e&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Look in the comments at the very bottom of the page where it is being discussed…

Scott

Hi,

if this is a problem with the graphic card driver an update of the driver should fix this problem. You could take a look at http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/160013#160013 - there I did post how to disable Direct3D completely.

Spark 2.0.0ff versions did have a similar parameter set according to SPARK-208, as far as I can tell the current Spark versions do no longer use it. But Daniel may correct me if I’m wrong.

LG

Well, apparently it seemed to be Spark causing the problem, however it ended up being some faulty hardware in the system and eventually other apps started crashing.

Thanks everyone for your help.

-Arlo