2.6.0 Encrypted Passwords, etc

So, i have upgraded my production server (seems working ok) and test server at home. Test server halted on db upgrade so i had to stop and start it again.

Now, password encrypting is turned on or off by default? Where can i change it (sys.property)?

Interesting Cache Summary page. How can i customize caches?

Still no favicon for Admin Console? And JM-619 doesnt fix sorting in Group Edit, Sessions Summary and Room Permissions pages.

I’'ve disabled File Transfer Proxy but i still see Socks 5 Bytestream proxy in Jabber Proxy. Is this related, is it really disabled? I dont need any unneeded services hanging on the server.

Can someone provide with some simple PubSub real life use case? I’‘ve read JEP a little but i’'m still not sure i understand this clearly. And as i see this service in Jabber Browser too, i wish to be able to disable it.

Hi Oleg,

I had to restart Wifi (Tomcat) to get port 7777 down. It is anyhow still displayed in the jabber browser.

LG

Yes. I dont see 7777 port used either. But this icon in Jabber Browser bugs me

Now, password encrypting is turned on or off by

default? Where can i change it (sys.property)?

It’'s on by default. You can disable it by setting user.usePlainPassword to true.

Interesting Cache Summary page. How can i customize

caches?

No easy way to do this yet, but we plan to add that in a future release. If you want to dig around a bit more, it’'s actually possible to set cache sizes and expiration times using Jive properties. See CacheManager lines 73 and 74.

Still no favicon for Admin Console?

Hmm, that was working for me actually.

And JM-619 doesnt fix sorting in Group Edit, Sessions Summary

and Room Permissions pages.

Are you using the default user store or LDAP? Group edit and room permissions should be fine. Session summary is a new one though. I guess that sorting by name would be helpful – I’'ll look into that.

Regards,

Matt

Ok, sorting by name in session list is done. You can click to change the sort order as well. JM-633.

-Matt

Must be a regression, i’'ll reopen the issue and get to the bottom of it:

JM-571

Cheers,

Alex

Hi Matt,

you have a new forum avatar, haven’'t you? But it still does not match your IM avatar…

The “Resent History” icon seems to be also brand new but it looks more like a flower to me. I’'m quite sure that most users will miss it anyhow (: How do I configure its not yet available transparency?

LG

It’'s on by default. You can disable it by setting

user.usePlainPassword to true.

Thanks. Have forgotten about your comment in JIRA.

Still no favicon for Admin Console?

Hmm, that was working for me actually.

Well, today i’‘ve noticed that JS.org is not showing me a favicon too. I’'ve cleared Firefox cache and icons are back. But Wifi 2.6.0 Admin Console is still showing a blank icon. Thought this is something with my Firefox, but Opera is showing blank icon too. BTW, JS.com has the same favicon like JS.org

And JM-619 doesnt fix sorting in Group Edit,

Sessions Summary

and Room Permissions pages.

Are you using the default user store or LDAP? Group

edit and room permissions should be fine. Session

summary is a new one though. I guess that sorting by

name would be helpful – I’'ll look into that.

Just plain Embedded DB, no LDAP or else. Should? But they dont. I mean, a have some TEST group and 8 users in there, and they arent sorted by username, nor i can press some button to od this. If i’'ll had say 50 users and pagination by 25 this will take more time to find particular user. The same with Room Permissions. New users are just appended to the end of list. Dont know, i have just overwrited my 2.5.0 version with 2.6.0 zip contents. Maybe it didnt upgrade correctly?

screenshot with Session Summary sorting button looks great! Cause until now i had to Ctrl+F every time i need to find particular user’'s session.

P.S. Forum email notifies arent working at all.

Alex. It has dissapeared when i launched my server today. After restart it’'s back again. But when i hit refresh the icon is changing to “?” in Exodus.

Hey wroot:

I think it is a race condition, this information can be populated in several places so its unpredicable, I will look into getting a fix for this monday.

Alex

so, 2.6.1 is out and i still dont get sorting in all places. Unmarking as answered to be sure it wount be skipped.

These are not sorted:

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/9042/sortgroupedit6mf.jpg

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/9762/sortroomperms4fg.jpg

UPD:

Room Permissions are getting sorted after adding new users only after server restart.

Should i start pinging like LG? Ok, i dont bother about Rooms Permissions as it seems conferencing is not really popular at our company. But i really would love users list to be sorted in Group Edit page. Dont ask to fix it right now. Just open/reopen JIRA issue for that.

Fixed: JM-571

Alex

Indeed. Though 2006-04-14 build is updating embedded db at every startup. And pubsub service has dissapeared.

LG, can you fill this issue, please?

so, 2.6.1 is out and i still dont get sorting in all

places. Unmarking as answered to be sure it wount be

skipped.

These are not sorted:

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

mf.jpg

ImageShack - Best place for all of your image hosting and image sharing needs

fg.jpg

UPD:

Room Permissions are getting sorted after adding new

users only after server restart.

Hi Oleg,

I should not create feature requests, and one must ask himself whether an unsorted MUC affiliation table is a bug. Just adding an ORDER BY statement is not a good idea as the mucAffiliation table has no index, so one may see a decreased performance. So the approach to sort it within the UI as described in JM-240 seems for me to be the much better approach.

LG

Ok. In this thread http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=18893 Matt has convinced me that all user lists would be sorted. So i dont know whether this is still a feature request or bug report

I dont really mind this MUC afflilation list. Because we dont use MUC, but someone does. And i’'m mainly talking about Group Edit page. It was really helpful that list was sorted alphabeticaly in Sessions Summary. This is just convinient. Does someone prefer any list to be in random order?

And i dont demand it to be done at any cost (e.g. performance). But it should be. Especially if targeting at customers with large user bases.

Hi Oleg,

And i’'m mainly talking about Group Edit page. It was really helpful that list was sorted alphabetically in Sessions Summary. This is just convenient.” is as far as I know solved and was tracked with JM-571. So ‘‘only’’ the MUC list is currently not sorted.

Especially if targeting at customers with large user bases.” - Yes, but this server interface is nice for small companies where the server admin is also the user and the MUC admin. Larger companies usually have an admin for their users, and as long as the ability for a much finer rights management within the admin console is missing targeting large companies may be hard.

LG

edited for Oleg: I did mean JM-633 and not JM-571, for me the user summary is sorted (in a bad way: “test11, test110, test12, …”, but that’'s ok for me).

wroot,

I just added sorting of users on the group edit page. I’'ll check out MUC affiliations as well.

Regards,

Matt