2.8.3 to 2.9.2 Conversation history lost and other problems

No more conversation history. I can see there are some structure modifications into the transcripts directory but the old history is not converted.
No more connection status into the conversation window.

If I reinstall 2.8.3, conversation window is bugged. I can’t see buttons and if I try to close the window, it doesn’t close.

To revert properly to 2.8.3, I had to remove the Spark directory from the Roaming directory…
Hopefully I had back up my conversations and then I’ve recovered them.

Hi, I have myself updated on my test PC Spark 2.8.3 to 2.9.2 but I have not seen any history issues.
Please be able to send screenshots and Spark logs.

Here is something that may be relatived to the problem:

sept. 03, 2020 9:33:07 AM org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error
GRAVE: A ChatRoomListener (tic.tac.toe.TicTacToePlugin$2@1b5b475) threw an exception while processing a 'opened' event for room: org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl[,0,0,0x0,invalid,layout=java.awt.GridBagLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.border.MatteBorder@4fb5e6,flags=9,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]
java.lang.IllegalStateException: The JID 'firstname\5c20lastname@zzzzz-zzzz.interne.zzzzzzz.fr' can not be converted to EntityFullJid
 	at org.jxmpp.jid.impl.AbstractJid.throwIse(AbstractJid.java:236)
 	at org.jxmpp.jid.impl.AbstractJid.asEntityFullJidOrThrow(AbstractJid.java:109)
 	at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.rooms.ChatRoomImpl.getJID(ChatRoomImpl.java:430)
 	at tic.tac.toe.TicTacToePlugin$2.chatRoomOpened(TicTacToePlugin.java:122)
 	at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatContainer.fireChatRoomOpened(ChatContainer.java:896)
 	at org.jivesoftware.spark.ui.ChatContainer.addChatRoom(ChatContainer.java:332)
 	at org.jivesoftware.spark.ChatManager$1.finished(ChatManager.java:377)
 	at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker.lambda$null$0(SwingWorker.java:147)
 	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
 	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
 	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
 	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

It looks like this is something because of the space between firstname and lastname into the JID ! The encoded character \5c20 .
Because, when I take a loot at the converted conversation history, I have a new directory with the firstname only and into it, I have a file named 20astname@zzzzz-zzzz.interne.zzzzzzz.fr.xml
This looks like not very consistent.

The error above is for TicTacToe plugin, which seems to have issues with spaces in username as well.

I am able to reproduce your issue and have filed a ticket. Hopefully someone will be able to take a look and fix it at some point https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-2162

This bug is fixed in this PR by R87A https://github.com/igniterealtime/Spark/pull/532
Will be included in 2.9.3 update. No date yet. Maybe will get a few more fixes in before releasing.