2 major Problems on 3.7.1

Hey folks!

Running Openfire 3.7.1 on FreeBSD 9.0 (1.6.0_07 The FreeBSD Foundation – Diablo Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM). I have two major problems:

1. Once every 1-3 days the openfire process eats up 100% of all CPU cores and its logging:

java.io.EOFException: no more data available - expected end tag </stream:stream> to close start tag stream:stream from line 1, parser stopped on END_TAG seen …</stream:features>… @1:335

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3035)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1144)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:325)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:70)

java.io.EOFException: no more data available - expected end tag </stream:stream> to close start tag stream:stream from line 1, parser stopped on END_TAG seen …</stream:features>… @1:335

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3035)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1144)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:325)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:70)

endlessly. I have no clue on the “why”. The server continues to work tho.

1. I seem to have a memleak. Once it runs for -at most- 10 days, the server has eaten up all 6GB of allocated ram and gets unresponsive. I can see the growing memory usage through the webinterface. I have tried changing JDK’s… all to no avail.

Any help regarding any of these problems is greatly appreciated.

Cheerio!

-Christian.

1 Like
  1. That stack trace is from a client (Smack based), what does it have to do with the server?

BTW, that error indicates that there was either some bad XML in the stream, or possibly a custom provider that doesn’t parse correctly, thus causing the client to be unable to parse the individual stanzas.

1. There is a known memory leak due to PEP. Check out annouincement 2 at the top of the community page for a workaround.
1 Like

Thank you rcollier,

That helped me on issue #2. Any idea how I can fix issue #1?