3.6.0 Search Plugin

Hi All,

Upgraded to 3.6.0 and all seems to be well so far except for the search plugin. It’s installing according to the plugin admin page and I see the directory in /opt/openfire/plugins

But the search function is not available for users, I’m also missing the advanced user search menu. I’ve deleted the search.jar file and grabbed a new copy off the downloads section still no dice, any help would be most grateful.

Did you upgrade to the latest one available off of the plugins download page? Anything in the logs?

Yes, I went to the 3.6.0 plugin download page and uploaded the plugin listed there for search.jar and loaded it via winscp to the jabber server.

The strangeness continues,

I shut down the openfire software and looked at the config file. Not one of the settings other than the database config made it past the ugprade, I set the setup flag to false and reran the setup. Now search works with the same plugin but all the of conference rooms I had setup are gone and there’s a new muc service called chat that I cannot delete, I’m getting error 500 on that.

a few old bugs are popping up with this “new” version as well. Joining a conference room causes any client I use spark, pandion or psi to be kicked off the server as if there’s a resource conflict even though I know there isn’t.

Random disconnections for no apparent reason from the server and when in a conference room i can’t see all the participants, all of this was happening in 3.3.0 I would assume they would have been fixed by now.

I hate to say it but I’ve really been getting disappointed with this software since the name change from wildfire to openfire.

Well if you can’t tell me what’s going on in the logs there’s not a lot I can do for you. =/

Hi,

I’m having the same problems whereby after upgrading from Openfire 3.5.2 to 3.6.0a, the search plugin (version 1.4.3) is not deployed. From the plugin tab, I can see the search plugin there as installed, but I cannot find the configuration page for the search plugin in the Server - Server Settings tab.

I’ve tried removing the search plugin and reinstall it from the Available Plugins page, but the newly installed search plugin still does not deploy itself. I’ve also tried deleting both the search.jar and the search folder with all files inside it before reinstalling the search plugin with no success.

Whenever, I tried to restart the search plugin through the plugins tab, I will get the following error.

HTTP ERROR: 500

org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ConversationManager.componentUnregistered(Lorg/xmpp/packet/JID;)V

RequestURI=/plugin-admin.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org.jivesoftware.openfire.archive.ConversationManager.componentUnregistered(Lorg/xmpp/packet/JID;)V
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.notifyComponentUnregistered(InternalComponentManager.java:246)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.removeComponent(InternalComponentManager.java:232)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.removeComponent(InternalComponentManager.java:192)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.destroyPlugin(SearchPlugin.java:173)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.unloadPlugin(PluginManager.java:584)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.plugin_002dadmin_jsp._jspService(plugin_002dadmin_jsp.java:140)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:99)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

Please help.  Thanks.