3.8.0 Group issue?

For reals! Just installed 3.7.2, then get a message on Sparks that 3.8.0 is out.

But when I go to Group/User tab

Groups tab

Locate group

Enter in name for group sharing

Save Contact List

I got the attached error.

I have been testing 3.7.2 for a while and had not issues. Today I decided to start building the official server, installed 3.7.2, some configs and was working.

Then upgraded to 3.8.0. Not sure if it was the upgrade or the install as i did not attempt the adding group thing until after the upgrade.

Thanks for the update! Glad to see this is still moving forward.
Error.txt.zip (978 Bytes)

Hello,

confirming this issue.

My setup was done with the deb files, I had version 3.7.1 and upgraded to 3.8.0 and have the issue described.

Thanks for the hard work.

Wow, way to burst our bubble within an hour of a new release.

Hi,

Thanks for the detailled bug report. Sadly, I cannot reproduce the error. I could use a little more help. If you’d be willing, could you please:

1. tell what download package / distribution you used when upgrading to Openfire 3.8.0;
  2. identify the version of java that you’re using to run Openfire;
  3. describe where your users and groups are being stored (are you using the embedded database, an ‘normal’ third party database, LDAP/AD, …?

Regards,

Guus

Perhaps I’ve identified the source of this issue. Are you using a read-only user provider (LDAP?)

I’ve logged this issue as OF-610.

In my case, yes I can confirm I am using LDAP as the user backend.

I can provide you with more information on my setup if you require.

Thanks again.

The account I have is/was a Domain Admin.

This was a fresh install java was installed by the OpenFire installers. No java was on the machine before install.

First install today like 30 minutes before current release. 3.7.2 (that was the latest correct?)

I have MS SQL database using LDAP.

I can easily reinstall if this is not a larger scale issue. If you need me to try anything let me know.

I have the same issue. Running on ubuntu 12.10, embedded DB, LDAP (Active Directory) user store. Shared Groups are completely broken; had to downgrade back to 3.7.1.

Confimed this is a bug introduced in 3.8.0.

In addressing the fix for OF-278 it appears we inadvertently dropped shared groups support for read-only providers, particularly LDAP.

This will be corrected shortly - please watch OF-610 for updates.

We have a presumed fix ready to go in the 7-Feb nightly build (3.8.1-Alpha). It would be great if you could give it a shakedown in your AD/LDAP environment and report back. Thanks for your help.

Nightly builds are available at http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/nightly_openfire.jsp - Toms fix was first included from the version that was generated on February 7th.

Happy to report that this issue is fixed for me

I am using Wordpress/Buddypress as my user/group store and assumed it was something wrong in my code when I first saw it with 3.7.2 nighlty build.

I am also confirming the issue is fixed here.

Way to crush this one in olympic time.

Thanks.

Working. Thanks for the fast responds.

nightly 3.8.1 alpha update worked updating in windows environment. Be sure not to replace your cert if you’re using SSL though! openfire/resources/sercurity

Duess,

How did you go about upgrading to this version? I followed http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/documentation/upgrade- guide.html but that kind of screwed things up.

Error when starting. This is on 2008 R2.

java.util.zip.ZipError: jzentry == 0,

jzfile = 78695808,

total = 4444,

name = C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\lib\openfire.jar,

i = 3282,

message = null

at java.util.zip.ZipFile$2.nextElement(Unknown Source)

at java.util.zip.ZipFile$2.nextElement(Unknown Source)

at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(Unknown Source)

at java.util.jar.JarFile$1.nextElement(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.validIndex(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.URLClassPath$JarLoader.getResource(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.URLClassPath.getResource(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.JiveClassLoader.(JiveClassLoader.java:5 3)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:108)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?

Ok,

Figured it out. Somehow ik removed the included java.exe file i guess.

I editted the openfire.bat file to set the JAVA_HOME variable to my full version of installed java.
Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7

I’m trying to do the same to solve it but doesn’t work, wheres that openfire.bat file that you replaced the JAVA_HOME variable in?

Depends on where you installed openfire.

Mine is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire

Openfire.bat is further down the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\bin

Or just be patient and use windows search

Also, make sure you have the full version of java installed. you should be able to find a java folder somwhere under your program files folder.

Good luck

How do you install the nightly build but still keep your settings? It keeps having me resetup everything.