4.1.3 Issues: Slow startup and decreased performance

I upgraded to 4.1.3

I noticed is it takes maybe 5 minutes after pressing ‘Start’ for the server to actually start displaying text and start.

Also every certain amount of time it grinds to a halt, and people aren’t able to log in. I’m not sure what it’s doing, but when it starts doing that it can take a long time for it to go back to normal. Normally I just shut it off and turn it back on, but it just takes so long(due to the bug above).

More info:

Windows server 2012

MySql 5.6.33

I have 151,577 registered users

I only have only about 50-300 on at a time.

I’ve been using openfired for like 4 years and have just been updating each version since then.

Enable database query statistics and see if anything strange / slow appears there.

Are you using the monitoring plugin?

Does Openfire peg CPU during this time? How many chatrooms?

The CPU doesn’t peg, it sits at 0% during startup. I press ‘Start’ and then the text box remains blank, and the cpu is 0% for multiple minutes, then it displays the text: Openfire 4.1.3 [Apr 4, 2017 3:02:47 AM] etc…

I do not have the monitoring plugin even installed.

I keep trying to enable ‘Database Query Statistics’. I’ll check ‘Enabled’ then click ‘Update’ and then it reverts to ‘Disabled’

There’s only one chatroom. However, the system is configured so that every user online is always in that chat room. So it will have anywhere from 100-300 users online at a given time.