A couple problems, admin panel, remote access, install

I’‘m a beginner when it comes to these things so I’‘m not sure where to start. I have Openfire 3.3.1 installed on my Fedora core 6 box, but I can’‘t access the panel remotely. Only from localhost. This is a problem because I am accessing my server remotely via ssh and can only use the links browser which happens to not support javascript. I also have another problem: I have the server started and created users, but they can’'t log in. When I try to connect through any client, psi, gaim, jwchat… it says that the service is unavailable. I have tried reinstalling the Openfire using the rpm package but when I went to uninstall it, it said that it was not there to uninstall. When I went to install it then said that it already was installed. I am very confused. Can somebody just tell me how I can start all over again or fix the problem. The only thing I can think of is reinstalling fedora.

Hi,

I did write http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/display/WILDFIRE/LinuxInstallationGuide some time ago because I don’'t like the rpm installer. Not sure if you can uninstall Openfire with the rpm --force option, at least one should make sure that no Openfire process is running before starting it and the shutdown script may have some problems to stop it. Two running Openfire instances cause usually trouble.

You should be able to use SSH port forwarding to forward 127.0.0.1:9090 (your computer) to 127.0.0.1:9090 (remote computer).

LG