A Few Questions on Presence

Is there anyway to get presence info for all users?

also is there any way to display presence info like this:

IMAGE - STATUS - Username

we have an intranet site that i would like to make a dynamic directory on, to show the status of all our users in a list…

if there is a way i can hit the database that is fine, i can do it in PHP… i dont care about that at all just looking for a point in the right direction…

Hey George,

Have you taken a look to the Presence Service plugin? It will let you get presence information from users even if they are not in your roster. By default, it will only let you get the presence information of users in your roster but you can configure the plugin to let anyone get presences about anyone else. Presence information is not stored in the database so you have to go against the server itself.

Regards,

– Gato

yea, im currently using it, but its not really meeting my needs per say, mainly i can get the status image to show on my page… but only for one user at a time is there any way that you know of to “include” the results of the text type presence request in another page?

yea, im currently using it, but its not really meeting my needs per say, mainly i can get the status image to show on my page… but only for one user at a time is there any way that you know of to “include” the results of the text type presence request in another page?

To accomplish that you will have to develop something in your page. You can use the type=xml to get the XML presence of the user instead of getting an icon. In your page you can get the XML presence of the users that you want and present that information the way you like it.

Regards,

– Gato

ok, i like that idea and actually tried to do that but i know less than

nothing about formatting XML, any pointers?

Hi,

look for an AJAX and XML example, one may or may not find a good one using Google.

Javascript code like request.responseXML.getElementsByTagName(“foo”)[0]; will be used to get the content of the XML file.

LG