A jsp page for my plugin

Hey,

I’‘m trying to learn to write plugins for Wildfire. I wrote something which I based off the registration plugin to help me learn, but I’'ve run into a bit of a problem:

The registration page (sign-up.jsp) included in the registration plugin does not require that the server admin authenticate, and it displays without showing the admin menus at the top and left of the page. This is good…:

But, my modified version of this jsp page just shows the Wildfire Admin Console menus and the content area is also blank.

If I wipe out all the html / code in my sign-up.jsp file and just write in Hello, this will appear in the content area but it still shows the Wildfire Admin Console menus.

Is there something special I need to do to indicate that my jsp page should be accessible without signing in as the server administrator & should not show the menus?

Thanx a mil

Hi Toby,

Is there something special I need to do to indicate that my jsp page

should be accessible without signing in as the server administrator &

should not show the menus?

Yes, there are two things you need to do.

One, if you look at the initializePlugin method in RegistrationPlugin.java you’'ll see a call to AuthCheckFilter.addExclude(URL), as well as a corresponding call to AuthCheckFilter.removeExclude(URL) in the destroyPlugin method, this tells Wildfire to “skip” redirecting the user to the login page when they enter the specified url.

Two, to not show the Wildfire Admin Console menus on your jsp you’'ll want to add, , in the section of your jsp.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks Ryan. I was doing the AuthCheckFilter, I’‘m not really sure what I’‘ve changed this morning but somehow it’‘s all working so I’'m happy

Toby