A problem with server and client

I am using the latest Openfire (3.4.5) and Smack API (3.0.4). I have a LAN. I have install a Openfire on a computer with XP, and using Smack API on computer

with Federo. But when i try to transfer a file from one computer to another, a problem occured. I didn’t transfer a file successfully because negotiation is error.

I want to know whether using server and client on the different OS.

And I have another problem when I install a Spark on Federo . I unzip the spark_2_5_8.tar.gz and then run the shell file Spark ,but a the program will find the

/lib/windows and the install failed.

Excuse me, my English is very pool and thank you very much to answer my questions.

Hello,

One common mistake people make when trying to send files is that they leave out a “resource” in the Jabber ID. If you look at the JavaDoc for FileTransferManager#createOutgoingFileTransfer(String) you will see that it states a fully-qualified Jabber ID with resource is required. So that means "user@server.com" is wrong and will cause an error, you need "user@server.com/resource" in order for it to work. By default, the resource is set to “Smack” upon login. If this is not your problem, you need to provide more example information/code/error details.

As for your question about Spark, you should post that in the Spark forum instead of here.

Chris

Hello,

Thank your answer, but FileTransferManager#createOutgoingFileTransfer(String) the String I use a full JID ,include node,domain and resource.

I want to know whether using server and client on the different OS. Because when I debug the Smack on the computer with OS Federo that I find the function

discoverLocalIP() get the IP address always “127.0.0.1”, but when the OS XP will find the exact IP address, I doubt this is cause the problem that the file

transfer negotiation failed.

Thank you very much again to answer my questions.

Hello,

Thank your answer, but FileTransferManager#createOutgoingFileTransfer(String) the String I use a full JID ,include node,domain and resource.

I want to know whether using server and client on the different OS. Because when I debug the Smack on the computer with OS Federo that I find the function

discoverLocalIP() get the IP address always “127.0.0.1”, but when the OS XP will find the exact IP address, I doubt this is cause the problem that the file

transfer negotiation failed.

Thank you very much again to answer my questions.