A server error causes disconnect

Hey guys,

I’'m having a problem that involves the server sending me an error that looks like this:

<presence from="jaremandalison%hotmail.com@msn.gate.amessage.de" type="error" to="synic@amessage.be/home" >
<status>Online</status>
<priority>5</priority>
<x xmlns="jabber:x:delay" from="synic@amessage.be/home" stamp="20040111T20:52:53" />
<error type="wait" code="502" >
<service-unavailable xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" />
<text xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas" >Internal Timeout</text>
</error>
</presence>

Which causes a connection error in Smack. Here’'s the stack trace:

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: parser must be on START_TAG or TEXT to read text (position: START_TAG seen ...<service-unavailable xmlns=\''urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas\''/>... @1:6667)
        at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextText(MXParser.java:1115)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parseError(PacketReader.java:607)        at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePresence(PacketReader.java:725)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:280)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:77)
        at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:103)

Is there any way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

From the stack trace I presume that you are not using the latest available daily build. You can try with the latest daily build that solves these kind of problems.

Regards,

– Gato

I wasn’'t able to compile the daily build?

I get this error:

synic@liandrin ~/downloads/smack-dev-Jan-11-2004/build $ ant
Buildfile: build.xml compile: jar: BUILD FAILED
file:/home/synic/downloads/smack-dev-Jan-11-2004/build/build.xml:123: Warning: Could not find file /home/synic/downloads/smack-dev-Jan-11-2004/build/resources/META-INF/smack-config.xml to copy. Total time: 1 second

Thanks,

Adam

Adam,

You are right, that file is not present in the zip file. We’'ll have to modify the daily build process to include this file and the new images that are part of the new debugger window.

You can download the file from this message and place it in the META-INF folder.

Thanks,

– Gato

Message was edited by: dombiak_gaston
smack-config.xml (448 Bytes)

What’‘s different that I should know about in this version? I don’'t seem to be recieving presence the same - none of my buddies show up

thanks,

Adam

Update: It’'s really odd… I have put in the new smack.jar and am using it, but it locks up for about 7 minutes before anything happens. I know I am connected because I can see myself come online if I watch from another client…

Message was edited by: synic

Adam,

I fixed a problem in the Roster class. The fix will be available in the next daily build. Let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,

– Gato

Gato,

Ok, I will download it when it’'s built tomorrow.

Just FYI, I also now get a stacktrace error when loading smack that says the smackx.ServiceDiscoveryManager class could not be found. This doesn’‘t matter to me, as I will most likely be using it sometime - but should people be getting ClassNotFoundException when they don’'t include the smackx.jar in their classpath ?

Thanks,

Adam

Gato,

Yup, your Roster fix solved the problem. Thank you very much.

Adam

Adam,

I’'m happy to hear that the fix worked fine for you. I just checked in a fix that stops printing to the System.out the stacktrace error.

Thanks,

– Gato