Active Directory Config Woes

I’m trying to get openfire running on an Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server x64 with Mysql DB and Auth with AD on a 2008 R2 Server. I just can’t seem to find the right combination of settings to get anything but the default admin account working. I’ve passed all the config tests initially, but still no luck logging in with AD users. Also I went back into the admin GUI to try and tweak and now the tests wont pass with the exact same settings. I’m also starting to suspect the service is either not running correctly or not running at all. I feel pretty lost on this whole thing.

Here is my AD setup. With a domain of “domain.com” our AD forrest is “corp.domain.com”. In the main AD cn, where all the default folders and the “users” folder is, I created another OU called “VPusers” as a container for our employees. Inside of that folder I also have subfolder OU’s as containers for each branch location “br#”. I originally setup the default DN as “ou=VPusers,cn=corp,cn=domain,cn=com” and the admin (the default AD admin) as “cn=Administrator,cn=Users,cn=corp,cn=domain,cn=com”. I followed the Doc/guide online for this. This config has worked fine with other AD integrated softwares we’ve used. Now I have no clue what to use for a search filter, and the auto find came up empty.

First off, what should my correct Base DN be? and what should the default filter look like? Everything i’ve tried left me empty handed.

make you base DN DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=com

then for your binding account, use username@corp.domain.com