Active Directory Integration Error

Hi all…

I’m trying to install Openfire with AD integration but keep showing this error to me:

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:99)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

What am I doing wrong? Any help will be welcome..

[]s

Cloves Jr

Did all your tests pass during the install? Also there is not nearly enough info here. What flavor of AD (2000, 2003, 2008), What OS is openfire running on, any firewalls in play, etc.

Sorry for that…

All the tests passed and showed the correct information. My AD is a Win2003 and my Openfire is running in a Slackware 12.2. In my test network only have a router in the middle.

| Openfire Server | --------- | router | ----------- | Active Directory (Win2003) |

This message appers when I try to hit the Save button in the 3rd step in the Profile Configuration before setting up the Administrator Account. I already try a lot of different configurations in the second step but keep showing this same message.

[]s

Cloves Jr

It could be that you do not have proper permissions configured for the openfire directory. Whatever ID is running openfire must have permissions to modify the contents of the directory.

Thx for your help…The problem was user permission in the openfire instalation folder.

[]s

Cloves Jr