Active Directory - vCard Mapping

I’'ve got the newest Wildfire (openfire?) running on CentOS Linux connected to Win2k3 AD. Users are able to login. I think I even have roster push configured, but I am not sure (only 3 users were willing to login and that was before I did that).

Anyways, what I want to know is how to set the correct vCard mapping for AD data?

Currently the First Name field in the vCard (on Spark) shows the AD Display Name, which is the user’'s full name. I want to correctly populate all fields to match AD 1:1. I want the default nickname in the clients to show as the display name field from AD, for example.

Thanks

<vcard-mapping><![CDATA[

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”>

<JABBERID>@DOMAIN.NAME</JABBERID>

<N>

<N><FAMILY></FAMILY><GIVEN></GIVEN><MIDDLE/></N>

</N>

<EMAIL>

<INTERNET/>

<USERID></USERID>

</EMAIL>

<FN></FN> <NICKNAME></NICKNAME>

<ADR>

<HOME/>

<STREET></STREET>

<PCODE></PCODE>

<CTRY></CTRY>
</ADR> <ADR>
<WORK/> <STREET></STREET> <LOCALITY></LOCALITY> <REGION></REGION> <PCODE></PCODE> <CTRY></CTRY>

</ADR>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<VOICE/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<CELL/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>
</TEL> <TEL>
<WORK/> <VOICE/> <NUMBER></NUMBER>
</TEL> <TEL>
<WORK/> <CELL/> <NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<FAX/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<PAGER/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TITLE></TITLE>

<org>

<ORGNAME></ORGNAME>

<ORGUNIT></ORGUNIT>

</org>

<URL></URL>

</vCard>]]></vcard-mapping>

<nameField>displayName</nameField>

Hey thanks for that!

Unfortunately it doesn’'t seem to have changed anything. I tried clearing the cache and reconnecting, but it still shows the previous data in vcards. How can I test to see if this is actually working? Do I need to edit the @DOMAIN.NAME part?

Thanks again

Jibba - use ADSI Edit and find out what your field names are in AD, once you have those change the to match the field names you have in AD.

yes, place your domain name you use for openfire. for the users Jabber id.