powered by Jive Software

Active Sessions != Connected Users

I have noticed this a couple of times. Active Sessions number in Sessions tab sometimes doesnt match with real connected users number (and the number of users listed in Sessions tab). Yesterday i had 30 Active Sessions with only 26 users connected. I have counted them in roster, 26. 26 listed in user list. But Active Sessions “saying” 30. So what are these invisible 4 sessions? Some hanging sessions after abnormal disconnect? I have kicked one user (connected accidentically with same username form different place, but when i have disconnected he never came back, though Exodus is set to reconnect). I’'m not at work, so i cant give you logs now. But maybe this is enough to take a look at code or something.

Hey wroot,

You are correct. The Session Summary page is showing 2 different things. Active Session counter is counting ALL client-2-server sessions while the list is only showing AUTHENTICATED client-2-server sessions. One thing we want to confirm is why the non-authenticated c2s sessions are still hanging in memory instead of going away. If you can provide info on how to reproduce this issue it would help us solve it faster.

Thanks,

– Gato

dombiak_gaston wrote:

If you can provide info on how to reproduce this issue it would help us solve it faster.

I dont know how to reproduce this. Maybe there will be something in logs (on Monday). I wasnt even taking attention. Because we always have over 100 connected users and i just dont look at second page. So i have noticed it few times when it was late after work and only few users were connected.

We had a lot of electricity breakdowns this weekend and morning. Sometimes some users dont come back Online. But maybe they are holding these active sessions. Exodus is set to reconnect so normally they have to go back Online. But after electricity breakdown network is down for a moment also. Dont know whether this is my linux box problem or Wildfire. So… Now i have 127 sessions and 116 users. This is all i can give:

error.log

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:29 9)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:57)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.10.23 10:58:04 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateHa ndler.java:141) Internal server error. Triggered by packet:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.SessionManager.sessionAvailable(SessionManager.java:7 29)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession.setPresence(ClientSession.java:668)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:98)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:29 9)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:57)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2006.10.23 10:58:02 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateHa ndler.java:141) Internal server error. Triggered by packet:

2006.10.23 11:16:45 Could not route packet

2006.10.23 11:27:45 Could not route packet

2006.10.23 11:38:14 Could not route packet

2006.10.23 12:02:33 Could not route packet

these could not route packet lines was all from one user to another

probably fixed with JM-897 , cause now i dont see problems with counting

Hey wroot,

You are right. We are now counting authenticated sessions instead of connected connections. So now the counter will match the table content.

Regards,

– Gato