Ad groups

Hey everybody I’ve got a pretty simple question I’m sure you’ll be able to answer quickly, but first a little about my setup.

I’ve got an active directory server that openfire authenticates from. I’ve managed to get SSO working and am doing an automatic install using group policy. So far everything works flawlessly with one exception. When I add or remove a user from active directory openfire and therefore spark do not seem to update accordingly. Why is this and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help

Can you clarify what the “do not seem to update accordingly” means?

Sure. If I add a user to AD I do not see them in openfire through the administration pages and I do not see them in Spark.

Sync between AD and Openfire can take quite a while. It is not an instant thing by any measure. It will show up eventually.

Got it, thanks mtstravel. Your help is appreciated yet again. Can you give me any kind of ballpark on time? Are we talking days, weeks, months?

It could be a few hours to a day in some cases. I use a scheduled task to restart my openfire server at night after a database backup via mysql.

Don’t forget points for helpful or correct answers.