AD/LDAP avatar does not display automatically

My problem is not critical, I’m just interesting to find answer or get the direction to explore.

Our organization use the following software:

• Active Directory domain on Windows Server 2003
  • Openfire 3.6.4 as internal jabber-server
  • Miranda IM as jabber-client (jabber.dll)

We store employee photos in the AD (jpegPhoto field). Openfire is configured to use accounts from the AD/LDAP, plus vCard mappings for AD is defined as described in the DOC-1773, and option ldap.override.avatar is set to true.

The point is that one user can’t see avatar of another one until the second user try to change its own avatar. No matter what’s the image selected by the second user, first user will see the photo from AD (that’s OK, I think; user can’t change image in this configuration - images pulled from LDAP). Fine, but I can’t force all users: “Hey employees! Everybody should try to change avatar to get the chance your colleagues to see it. Now.”

Seems like there is kind of option/flag affects when to display/check avatar. I don’t know it’s on the client or server side.

Does anybody faced with the problem? Any suggestion how to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Also have this problem.

Google-translate from one russian forum:

"If avatars are stored on the server (for example, loaded VCard from AD or by hands in the database), a program of client (owner avatar) does not know (and there are the standard - an alert service on the client that he, the client, have avatars), we have the following:

• When connecting the customer (example - Miranda) is (info) to the server, which is used for others.
    But if the client knows what is avatar, then added another hash avatar - (hash) </ photo> </ x> </ presence > that is given to other clients and “makes” them from the server to load avatars from VCard (funny that whatever avatar install the client - the client will download it the server icon that correctly).
    And now the question: how to make sure that the server would have all (info) added hash (hash) </ photo> < / x> (if not). "