AD LDAP user results off by one

I am new to Wildfire so I am not sure if I have a config issue or if there is a bug. I looked at the issue tracker but could not find anything that resembled what I am finding.

On both 2.6.2 and 3.0.0 (RPM package installs) the user list that I get from AD LDAP is off by one. I have my xml file set to search by group and that is working but if the group in AD has users ‘‘aapple’’ ‘‘bbox’’ and ‘‘cchange’’, cchange will not appear in the admin console of wildfire. If I then add ‘‘ddog’’ to the group in AD, cchange will appear in that admin console of wildfire.

Does my explanation make sense? Is this a known issue? Below is the LDAP portion of my xml file. It was actually pulled from the forums.

<groupSearchFilter><![CDATA[
(&
(objectCategory=Group)
(objectClass=group)
(memberOf=cn=JabberUsers,cn=Users,dc=company,dc=com)
(member=)

)

]]>

Thanks,

Brian

Brian,

Try completely removing your

lines from your provider section of your wildfire config. I think you may have the groupSearchFilter line incorrect.

Poppa

Poppa,

Thanks for the help but that did not work, I got the same results. I do not think that the . Not sure though.

Any other suggestions?

This appears to still be a bug in 3.0.1. I happens to me also.

If I set clientSideSorting to true, the User Summary page says I have 12 users, but lists only 11. There is one user missing from the list. If I do a User Search for that user, that user appears in the result.

If I set clientSideSorting to false, the User Summary page again says I have 12 users, and lists all 12.

I use LDAP (of course). Here are the relevant lines from wildfire.xml:

(&(uid=)(objectclass=bigtribePerson))
(&(cn=)(objectclass=posixGroup)(businessCategory=jiveGroup))

greening wrote:

This appears to still be a bug in 3.0.1. I happens to me also.

If I set clientSideSorting to true, the User Summary page says I have 12 users, but lists only 11. There is one user missing from the list. If I do a User Search for that user, that user appears in the result.

Never noticed it before but it’'s the same here when I look at the “User Summary” page.

It says 22 but only lists 21. The clients get the right amount of users (tried Gaim and Pandion) so apparently it’'s just the code for that page.

EDIT:

The user that doesn’‘t show up is the last one. I’'ll try and see what happens if I change clientSideSorting.

EDIT2:

Changed clientSideSorting to false and they all show up.

Message was edited by: FreaKBrother