ADD user to DB and dynamicly show in the page

how can i add or remove users directly in the DB and the JSPpage can dynamicly show the change of DB?

thanks!

Hi jackie,

Because of how Messenger caches certain types of data, like users, if you manipulate your DB directly to add/remove users it may take up to six hours or a Messenger restart for those changes to be reflected. To get around this issue, the recommended way of making changes to the user store is either via the Messenger API or through the use of a client API like Smack.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

First of all,thx to you,Ryan.

how can i add/remove users directly to a group in DB and the Admin Console can dynamicly show the change of DB without restart Jive Messenger?

jackie,admin console can dynamicly show you modify user date.but direct add in DB you may view jive date table explained.

Hi Jackie,

how can i add/remove users directly to a group in DB

and the Admin Console can dynamicly show the change

of DB without restart Jive Messenger?

Just like with making changes to users you can’‘t alter groups directly in the DB and have the changes be reflected in the Admin Console without restarting Messenger or waiting the cache to update. Again, because of this, I would highly recommend making those sorts of changes using the Messenger API. If you need help working with the API let me know and I’'d be happy to help you out.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

Because of i have anothe Program,when the Program add/remove a user.in Messenger DB,there is a Group of the Program.the Jive Messenger have to add/remove the user to the group of the Program.So i want to add/remove the user to the Program’'s group directly in DB,but i cant have the changes be reflected without restarting Messenger.

can i add a WebService to the Messenger to do what i say above?Or use the Messenger API you recmmended.which API i should use?

thanks

Jackie

Hi Jackie,

So i want to add/remove the user to the Program’'s group directly

in DB,but i cant have the changes be reflected without restarting Messenger.

I see. What you may want to consider doing is writing your own custom AuthProvider and UserProvider classes. That way you can just have Messenger use your existing programs’’ user database and you won’'t have to maintain two databases of user data.

can i add a WebService to the Messenger to do what i

say above?Or use the Messenger API you

recmmended.which API i should use?

Sure, you could write a webservice for Messenger that taps into the Messenger API that will allow you to change the user store. If you decide to go that route I would suggest starting off by looking at the source to the presence plugin.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

jackie,

this have a add user web plugin,you can view it.http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=106454#106454

thank you!

i have solved this problem through Webservice!