Adding public jsp page to server

Newbie Question:

I would like to add a jsp page to the server that would access the presence plugin and display an in/out board for registered users. I have done this with apache/php, but I really need to bundle this with the jive server so that it is not necessary to maintain a separate apache server.

At one point, I thought I might just modify the presence plugin and rebuild, but I cannot locate the source code for the plugin from the plugins page, and the download only contains the class files.

I also tried dropping arbitrary jsp/html pages in various locations–I either get a 404 or am redirected to the admin login page.

Is there any way to add arbitray jsp/html pages to the server and have them displayed from the web?

Thanks in advance

Hi Scott,

At one point, I thought I might just modify the

presence plugin and rebuild, but I cannot locate the

source code for the plugin from the plugins page, and

the download only contains the class files.

You can get the plugin source by downloading Messenger’'s url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/source.jspsource[/url] as a zip file or via SVN.

Is there any way to add arbitray jsp/html pages to

the server and have them displayed from the web?

Yes, but you will have to write a plugin and add the following line of code:

AuthCheckFilter.addExclude(“myplugin”);

/code

this will allow all the jsp’'s in your plugin to be viewable without being redirected to the Admin Console login page.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hoorah!!!

Thanks for the info. I hadn’'t realized that the plugins source were included in the distro source package.

I was able to add a test servlet to the presence plugin and everything looks good! I should be able to create one kickass I/O Board from here.

Thanks again for your help.

Scott

The second portion of this response is incorrect.

Via sitemesh, all html content is forced into the admin page. In order to exclude a jsp/servlet from this restriction, you will need to add the url pattern to the excludes element of decorators.xml and restart the server.

Right?

can u tell me which version of jive messenger support this feature?

ryang, am using jivemessenger2.2.2. will your webregistration.jar support it or should i configure anything.

Message was edited by:

mohana_r2004

I am using 2.3.0

Hi mohana,

ryang, am using jivemessenger2.2.2. will your

webregistration.jar support it or should i configure

anything.

That plugin will work fine with Messenger 2.2.x, but it will probably have some issues with 2.3.x.

Regards,

Ryan

ryang,

i have checked with your webregistration plugin in format specified by you in your documentaion “http://[servername]/plugins/registration/registration-sign-up.jsp” .

But its still redirecting to admin page.I am using jive messenger 2.2.2.Can you please explain.

ok, i got it its webregistration/sign-up.jsp.

Thanks a lot guys