Adding users to Group Bug

Hello;

I’'m using Jive 2.3.0 beta1 with AD (W2003 native) integration.

When I add a user in a group (I’‘m using groups ->Show group in all users’’ rosters), this user doesn’'t show in my roster. However, I can see the user in User Summary and in the global counter inside group summary.

Group summary shows that I have 5 users, but if I edit the group (group options - > edit group), it only shows 4 users.

I’‘m using groups Show group in all users’’ rosters.

I think that this is a bug.

Any comments are welcome.

Thanks.

Hey kfeina,

Two important bugs where fixed since JM 2.3.0 beta 1 was released. Try using the latest nightly build and let us know if the problem has gone away. BTW, the issues were JM-451 and JM-442. This Friday JM 2.3.0 beta 2 will be released so you can wait until the new beta is out or just use the latest nightly build that is pretty stable.

Regards,

– Gato

Thanks Gato.

I have downloaded the last nitghly build.

What I need to do with the uncompressed files? I’'m using Jive on W2003.

Thanks to all.

Stop JM server. Overwrite JM installation folder with extracted folders and files skipping /conf folder. JM default instalaltion folder should be C:\Program Files\Jive Messenger.

Hey kfeina,

Follow these steps to update your JM 2.3.0 beta1 installation with the latest nightly build version:

. Download latest nightly build from url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/nightly.jsphere[/url]

. Extract files of downloaded file to a temp folder (e.g. c:\temp)

. Stop the server and make a backup of the filed to be modified.

. Replace the lib/messenger.jar of your installation with the one that is present in the temp folder (e.g. c:\temp\jive_messenger_2005-11-09)

. Replace all contents of plugins\admin folder with the contents present in the same folder located in the temp folder.

. Restart the server

Regards,

– Gato

Message was edited by:

dombiak_gaston

Thanks Gato.

I have upgraded to 2.3.0 beta 1 to beta2. However, now I can’'t login to the JM console.

Can you help me?

Thanks to all.

Hello;

After the upgrade, I can’'t login to the JM console.

Please, I need help about how to debug this.

Thanks a lot.

They changed the way the config file looks at the admin console usernames section the new way is like this:

hope this helps

Hey guys,

The latest nightly build should be compatible with how admins were defined before. So the server will first try searching for admins as Joe said. But if admin.authorizedUsernames is not defined in jive-messenger.xml then adminConsole.authorizedUsernames will be used instead. If you are still having troubles accessing the admin console then check out the warn.log file for more information.

Regards,

– Gato