Admin console unavailable after 3.2 upgrade

Hey guys,

Are you replacing the plugins/admin folder with your back up? Make sure that you are using the plugins/admin version included in the new version.

Regards,

– Gato

I’'m using the complete new tar.gz file (deleting the old /opt/wildfire directory and uncompressing the new file) with the exception of the conf/wildfire.xml and the resources/security directory (which just contains the truststore).

Thanks Gato,

I’‘ll bet this is what’'s happening. I do have a admin directory in the backup and the directions said to restore plugins from backup…

Can I just pull the admin plugin out of the tar ball?

thanks,

chrisj

now I see it in italics “…except plugins/admin…” must have missed that in round one. sorry all.

I’'ll run the upgrade for 3.2.1 tonight and do it correctly this time.

Thanks everyone for your help.

chrisj

Hey chrisj,

I updated the update guide last Friday. Sorry for all the confusion. BTW, Wildfire 3.2.2 is being released as we speak.

Regards,

– Gato

ahhh… I thought it would be hard for me to miss that exception when I read it the first time. Thanks for letting me know (I don’'t feel so dumb now).

I’'ll look for 3.2.2 tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for the info – saves me another upgrade.

Thanks for all your help.

chrisj

I can confirm that “…except for plugins/admin” makes all the difference. After reinstalling and copying all of the plugins directory EXCEPT for the admin folder the web admin page shows.

The 3.2.2 upgrade works for me too. I didn’'t overwrite the admin plugin this time and everything works fine.

Thanks for your help all.

chrisj