Admin email no working

I switched to LDAP authentication and now the “Send test email” button under “Email Settings” in the Admin Console stopped working. Here is the relevant part of the log:

org.jivesoftware.messenger.user.UserNotFoundException: Username admin not found

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:465)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.ldap.LdapManager.findUserDN(LdapManager.java:400)

It seems it is searching for the ‘‘admin’’ user in my LDAP database. How do I configure it to look for another user to send mails?

Not entirely sure this will solve anything but in the jive-messenger.xml you can uncomment the section and add more “admin” accounts.

How the email setup is actually working code wise, i’‘m not sure if the system looks at just that one “admin” account or if it will email all admin but it’'s worth a shot.

Hi, I had already added authorized usernames in jive-messenger.xml and it works. I can login to the Admin console with these accounts, the problem is just when trying to send emails, as it will always look for a user named ‘‘admin’’.

Hi Matheus,

I have filed this issue as JM-471. Even though you’‘re seeing that exception the email settings should still work. To test it, try entering the following after you’'ve configured the email settings:

http://[mycompany]:9090/system-emailtest.jsp?test=true&subject=test&body=testing &from=[bob@mycompany.com]&to=[sally@mycompany.com]bob@mycompany.com]&to=[sally@mycompany.com]

Be sure to replace bob@mycompany.com and sally@mycompany.com with real email addresses.

Thanks,

Ryan