Advantages / disadvantages of using?

I’'m a co-tech guy at a church looking for an IM solution. Understand, churches as a whole generally do not have tons of IT resources (especially people), so I have to be careful about what we implement!

We currently have 2 Windoze servers in our infrastructure - one for filesharing (MS server 2000), and one running Exchange. Although adding a linux server is technically possible, I’‘d rather not add another box to the mix because I’‘m already stretched thin here (between tech support, content development, and music, I wear a lot of hats - and I’'m only part-time).

We also are cross-platform - macs for graphics, video production, projection, and windows for the business side.

My question: Does anyone see a problem/issues to be aware of with running Jive in such a setup? Would it be better to run it on a separate machine?

Thanks in advance!

Hi maconmacguy,

Does anyone see a problem/issues to be aware of with running Jive in such a setup?

Would it be better to run it on a separate machine?

How many users do expect to have? Assuming that you’‘re not wanting to support thousands of users and that your current machines aren’‘t running at or near their capacity I would think you’'d be fine.

Thanks,

Ryan