After Nightly Build 10/31 can''t login to admin

Hi… I just did the nightly build so I could get the shared roster fix and now it seems that thanks to JM-446 being resolved I can’'t login… My JID is still in the XML with and without the domain, plus admin with and without the domain… But I can not log in to the admin console… Please someone help me…!!!

Could you post the relevant section of the your config file? Feel free to modify the username or JID if you’'d like.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Joe,

I’'m not sure if this might be the problem since you are not using the very latest nightly build but in JM-446 we modified the way admins are defined. So I would recommend using the latest nightly build and perform the changes to jive-messenger.xml as described in the jira issue. Let is know if you are still having this issue.

Thanks,

– Gato

This is my “adminconsole” section of the config… This server is running as a second instance on a completely different set of ports… I did this so I could keep my other one running while testing the “shared roster group” fix… I tried reading the jira issue but did not see any relevant info in there just descriptions of the problem I will check again…

Ok Thank you… I’'m stupid… You changed the layout of the config file and I breezed right passed that… Sure enough I moved the line into the new “admin” section and added the “JIDs” line and everything worked… You should specify that people need both the “Usernames” and “JIDs” lines to be setup though… That took me a minute to figure out… Thanks for the help…

Hey Joe,

You should specify that people need both

the “Usernames” and “JIDs” lines to be setup

though… That took me a minute to figure out…

Thanks for the help…

Are you saying that the server expects to have both “Usernames” and “JIDs” lines defined in the configuration file? I checked the code and I think that both are optional. And in order to be compatible with previous versions if “Usernames” is empty or not defined then admin is assumed. Where you seeing any error or problem if you only define one of those lines?

Thanks,

– Gato

Most likely, we’‘re going to change the implementation so that it’‘s automatically backwards compatible before the official 2.3.0 release. Otherwise, I’'m afraid many more people will run into the same issues you did.

Thanks,

Matt

Done. Next nightly build will look for admins using the old “adminConsole” prefix if none was found in the “admin” prefix element.

– Gato

Yeah that’'s what it seemed… But your post sparked me to test some more… and it seems that the problem is actually when there is a JID in the “Username” setting you get this as a result…

HTTP ERROR: 500

init

RequestURI=/login.jsp