After upgrade to 3.3.1 "Error 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE" for admin console

After I upgraded to Openfire 3.3.1, going to the admin console results in a 503 error, and I get this:

HTTP ERROR: 503 SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE RequestURI=/ Powered by jetty://

I double checked that the plugins were not conflicting (I started with just the ones it came with), and I am sure that the admin plugin is not from a previous version or anything.

In warn.log I have lots of these kinds of errors:

2007.05.21 08:44:34 failed org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.audit_002dpolicy_jsp
javax.servlet.UnavailableException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.audit_002dpolicy_jsp
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:78)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:235)
        at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:40)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:593)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:139)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1191)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:481)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:434)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:147)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.doStart(ContextHandlerCollection.java:120)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.doStart(HandlerCollection.java:147)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.doStart(HandlerWrapper.java:117)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:210)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.startup(AdminConsolePlugin.java:140)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initializePlugin(AdminConsolePlugin.java:175)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java:404)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java:46)
        at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManager.java:916)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:417)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(FutureTask.java:280)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:135)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:65)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodic(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:142)
        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:166)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Seems like one per jsp page from the admin console. Everything else seems to be working just fine- but I would like to get back on the admin console again.

We have the same issue here. 3.3.0-3.3.1 upgrade performed via tar.gz breaks console, however RPM works fine.

The service comes up fine except for the console, transports connect, can start conferences etc…

It fails without me adding any of my conf’‘s as well. So, can’'t do a completely fresh install of it.

bump… sounds like not too many people are experiencing this issue. I imagine most do not use the tar.gz version of Openfire but I would still appreciate some input as to what could have gone wrong.

As I mentioned before after unpacking the tar.gz and symlinking to the openfire-new folder, the server starts up but does not start up the admin console on either 9090 or ssl on 9091.

All other services start up fine. Even if I start from scratch, with a fresh openfire.xml, I am unable to get access to the setup page.

Let me know if you need anymore information,

Thanks again

Josh