Agents can accept requests, but users are always told all agents busy

When our users try to start a chat session, they are unable to get through to any of the agents. On the user side, after it says it’'s routing the request, it says that all the agents are busy helping others even though there is no one else in the queue.

On the agents side, they can see users’’ requests and can accept them. When they accept a chat, the chat window opens, but are unable to communicate with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Do you see any error messages in either your spark or wildfire logs? Also, would you provide the following information?

1. Version of Spark

2. Version of Wildfire

3. Browser

One other item–after configuring Wildfire, there is a bug where you have to restart for all the settings to take affect. Would you try restarting Wildfire to see if that solves the problem?

I too am having the same problem as above.

I rebooted the server as you suggested, and I have anonymous access enabled; however here is what happens.

Visitor clicks on the Chat Session icon, and enters, Name, Email and Question.

They are prompted instantly with the queue page which tells them where they are and that the request is being routed.

On the Spark side the request comes in almost instantly also, and the staff member can accept or reject, acceping the request opens a chat window, and the staff member can type to the customer however the customer never receives it.

Back on the Visitor side, the Queue page just keeps processing. Eventually it goes to the “We are unable to route your request at this time…”

I have searched this forum and can’'t find an answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is the only thing stopping us from purchasing the software.

We are using the latest version of Spark Client 2.4.1 (released 2/1/2007) - and I upgraded the Spark Fastpath Plugin directly from the Admin Console. I also rebooted the Wildfire Server after upgrading to Enterprise version.

I wanted to add part of my debug log, maybe someone can figure this out.

2007.02.01 20:03:52 RR - Agent SELECTED: jimr@wildfire/spark for receiving offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:03:52 RR - Offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a SENT to agent: jimr@wildfire/spark

2007.02.01 20:04:12 Offer not removed. To remove: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Offer@12d297a existing null

2007.02.01 20:04:12 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:13 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:14 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:15 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:16 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:17 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:18 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:19 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:20 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:21 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:22 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:23 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:24 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:25 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:26 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:27 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:28 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:29 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:30 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:31 RR - Agent: jimr@wildfire/spark MAY NOT receive offer for request: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

2007.02.01 20:04:32 RR - Cancelling request that didn’'t overflow: com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Request@12d297a

Regards,

Jim

Message was edited by: axcess_internet

Thanks for all the information on this. Would you answer the following information so that we can further troubleshoot:

1. What browser (& version) are you running on?

2. Do you get any javascript errors?

3. Can you reproduce this issue on multiple browsers?

Thanks

Kevin:

To answer your questions:

1. We are using a number of different browsers, IE 7, IE 6, AvantBrowser and Maxthon.

2. No, there are no Javascript Errors being reported by any of the browsers.

3. Yes, I can reproduce the issue any time I want.

If you would like to test this with me, please feel free to give me a call at ****-- ask for Jim *****.

Regards,

Jim *****

Message was edited by: kevinw

This is an issue specific to spark 2.4.1 beta. Thank you for reporting this. I have escalated it to our development team. In the meantime, I recommend you stay with 2.0.8 as I could not reproduce this error with that spark client.

Thanks

Kevin:

Thanks for the information. We will go back to 2.0.8.

Also, so you know the numbers I posted are published phone numbers we are a nationwide business, so there were no worries with the number being compromised.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Jim

Thanks. Just wanted to err on the side of caution regarding contact information

No worries! - I am really impressed with the amount of professionalism I have encountered with you and your company!

We look forward to deploying your products in a production environment!

Thanks again!

Kevin:

I just wanted to let you know that after switching back to 2.0.7 (the latest available download from Jive) - It’'s working like a champ!!

I will have my staff go back to 2.0.7 and we will move forward on purchasing!

Thanks again for your help!!

Regards,

Jim

I’'m seeing this same behavior.

1. User types in information, enters queue

2. Accept | Reject pops up for chat reps

3. Reps accept the chat, see the “chat window”, can type messages

4. Client never leaves the “queue” page.

We’'re using Wildfire Enterprise 3.1.1 and Spark 2.0.8.

This does not happen all the time, but happens often enough to be a major problem for us.

As was the case above, this is the only thing stopping us from buying the product for around 100 reps.

I have the same problem with a freshly installed Openfire 3.3 + Spark 2.5.2

I would prefer not to roll back to Spark 2.0.x

Thx

By the same problem, do you mean that you are seeing from the customer side, an “all agents are busy” message, and on the agent side, you see the request, accept it, and nothing happens?

The more information on this you can provide the better.

Would you also test this on the same network to prevent this from being a potential firewall issue?

Finally, do you have any useful information in your OF logs?

kevinw wrote:

By the same problem, do you mean that you are seeing from the customer side, an “all agents are busy” message, and on the agent side, you see the request, accept it, and nothing happens?

The more information on this you can provide the better.

Would you also test this on the same network to prevent this from being a potential firewall issue?

Finally, do you have any useful information in your OF logs?

Our setup:

1. Openfire 3.3 Enterprise (licensed) newly installed (not an upgrade)

2. Spark 2.5.2

I added a simple Fastpath configuration to test and the following happens.

The name of the workgroup is:

support@workgroup.mydomainname

If I try to send an IM to support@workgroup.mydomainname everything works fine and the user can chat with the agent.

If I try to use the Webchat (installed as a plugin in the same server where Openfire resides) I have the following error:

1. the Live chat form opens correctly

2. we fill the form correctly and the request come to the agent

3. when the agent press accept on Spark, the window opens correctly with the newly created room

4. but on the customer browser, a popup box appears saying:“We are unable to connect you to an agent. Please try back later”

5. When I confirm the error, another popup box appears saying “Your chat has ended.” and then I can read on the live chat window:"You are now chatting with $. When I press again OK, I receive:"Chat Ended

Thank you for using our chat service."

My current firewall configuration for the chat server are the following:

1. everything open outbound

2. inbound all ports higher than 1024 (both tcp and udp)

Regarding the logs, I have the following on error.log:

2007.05.08 07:06:47 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManage

r$2.error(InternalComponentManager.java:280)]

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jivesoftware.openfire.fastpath.events.EmailTranscriptEvent.chatSu

pportFinished(EmailTranscriptEvent.java:93)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.event.WorkgroupEventDispatcher.chatSu

pportFinished(WorkgroupEventDispatcher.java:201)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Workgroup.roomActivity(Workgroup.java

:717)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.Workgroup.process(Workgroup.java:450)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.WorkgroupManager.processPacket(Workgr

oupManager.java:621)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$Routable

Component.process(InternalComponentManager.java:490)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:1

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69

)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl

.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl

.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCRoleImpl.send(MUCRoleImpl.java:2

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCRoomImpl.broadcastPresence(MUCRo

omImpl.java:852)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCRoomImpl.leaveRoom(MUCRoomImpl.j

ava:654)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCUserImpl.process(MUCUserImpl.jav

a:480)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCUserImpl.process(MUCUserImpl.jav

a:133)

Thanks,

mc

Upgraded to OpenFire 3.3.1 (also Enterprise plugins and Fastpath). No change. The same problem still happens.

I get the same error, but only for some agents (users) . Trying to get a pattern.

Openfire 3.3.0

We’'re seeing this too. Agents are running Spark 2.5.x. Server is 3.1.1 (yeah, we need to schedule an upgrade…).

Requests come in correctly for agents running Spark 2.0.8.

I’'m currently out of office.

I will be back on May, 21st.

Cheers,

Matteo Castelli

I just upgraded Spark to 2.5.3. Fastpath is still not routing to Spark. I can see that the request is in the queue from Spark, but it never alerts me.

Sam

I’'m currently out of office without access to emails.

I will be back on July, 2nd.

For any urgency, please send an email to:

its.hospitality@swisscom.com

Cheers,

Matteo Castelli