I just installed Openfire with the IM Gateway plugin with Spark and it is running great! But many of our users AIM buddy lists are showing up weird. I would say about half of the contacts are showing a space where it should display a name but it’s just blank. It still shows the status of the user via the indicator dot next to where the contact name should be. But it just won’t show the name. The only way to tell what contact should be there is by putting the cursor over the spot and the pop up window will display the AIM SN of that person. Anyone know why the AIM buddy list contacts are not populating properly? Thanks!
Here is a screen shot of the problem. Thanks
When one of those AIM users logs into aim (web or direct AIM client) do the users show correctly as I see they were moved to a custom group folder.
I am also experiencing this problem. Of the last 4 users I have registered on the AIM transport 2 have had contacts show up with blank names. One user had only 3, the other had around 10. The blank contacts were already logged in when the AIM account was registered on the transport. Logging the offending AIM buddy out and back in does not fix the blank name issue. Renaming the contact does work, but I suspect this is mapping the new string to that JID in the client, not actually correcting the problem.
Server: Openfire 3.5.1
Client: Spark 2.5.8
Yes it does show correctly through meebo and other AIM clients. That group was actually setup a long time ago using the AOL AIM client. Here’s another screenshot of when you move the cursor over the blank SN. It shows the SN at the bottom of the popup window but the SN fails to be recognized by Spark.
Are there any errors in the server logs or spark logs. Spark logs exist in 2 places the users profile and the program’s folder. If there are no errors specific to these AIM issues I would point the finger back at AIM. You could try logging into AIM via their web client and rename the users there (while logged out of Spark) or you could do it via spark. It should replicate back up to the AIM servers. The first method would be a better test. If when you log back into spark the user have changed you know there error was on the AIM end. I have tested this senerio and it does work.
These are all the errors that seem to be related to the gateway. Any ideas?
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterItem.setGroups(RosterItem.java:361) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.addOrUpdateRosterItem(BaseTrans port.java:1330) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.addOrUpdateRosterItem(BaseTrans port.java:1257) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.addOrUpdateRosterItem(BaseTrans port.java:1415) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.syncLegacyRoster(BaseTransport. java:1568) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARSession.gotCompleteSSI(O SCARSession.java:741) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.BOSConnection.handleSnacRespo nse(BOSConnection.java:237) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.AbstractFlapConnection$5.hand leResponse(AbstractFlapConnection.java:138)