AIM Login Issues

It’'s not closed is it (note GATE-270 that I pointed you at)

I haven’‘t looked at it yet. My primary goal right now is to try to track down the memory leaks and get 1.1.0 out but I’‘m not having a lot of luck on that front. I can’‘t tell where the leaks are coming from in other folk’‘s installs, but they’‘re clearly coming from somewhere. If I could reproduce it, I could track down what’'s causing it in a snap but … yeah.

Anyway, if anyone wants to take a quick crack at this please submit me a patch!

Hi,

I followed your advice on the wiki about building the latest version of the gateway plugin.

1. I checked out trunk of openfire

2. I switched the gateway include to the gateway trunk

3. I then built openfire

4. I then built all the plugins - this failed

5. I tried to build just the gateway plugin - this failed

Looking around I see that

org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.Session removed the getConnection method at commit 8405 that org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportInstance ( r8799 lines 145 and 156 ) make calls to. I doubt you’'re building against old code right? So what am I doing that is stupid?

Once this is sorted i’'ll be able to build my patched version of the code to see if it works better.

Mike

I actually don’‘t build against openfire’‘s trunk. It’'s moving rapidly and I was told it would be better to stick with the 3.3.* series for now. Check out http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/openfire/branches/3_3_1_branch instead of trunk.

That said, it’‘s a little dismaying to hear that the API may have changed out from under me in openfire’'s trunk. =/

sorry to be the barer of bad news

I’'ll try and get this patch in place for you tho

Hey if it ends up being a small patch, no problem, but I must unfortunately tell you that you may end up needing to sign a contributor agreement (if you haven’‘t already … it’‘s one with Jive, not with me, and not specific to the plugin) Basically it’‘s just a "you won’'t come back some time and say Jive owes you money for your code" type agreement. Do you happen to already have such a thing signed?