Aim oscar message sending issues

Hey,

I’ve been having some problems with the aim part of the transport. Has anybody ever noticed a situation where you can receive messages and presences but you can’t send messages? We can do this using aolsystemmsg (and it doesn’t happen to us due to rate-limiting), but is there any other situation where this occurs?

Also, on 1.1.3a, the Reconnect on disconnect button is not checked, but I keep getting re-connected to aim anyway. Is it because I’m sending a keepAlive message (basically telling the openfire server that i’m available) every five minutes? If it’s not that, why do I keep getting reconnected even if I tell openfire not to connect me to AIM again?

Thanks for all the help.

badiib wrote:

Hey,

I’ve been having some problems with the aim part of the transport. Has anybody ever noticed a situation where you can receive messages and presences but you can’t send messages? We can do this using aolsystemmsg (and it doesn’t happen to us due to rate-limiting), but is there any other situation where this occurs?

I’m confused, why are you “talking with” aolsystemmsg? =)

Also, on 1.1.3a, the Reconnect on disconnect button is not checked, but I keep getting re-connected to aim anyway. Is it because I’m sending a keepAlive message (basically telling the openfire server that i’m available) every five minutes? If it’s not that, why do I keep getting reconnected even if I tell openfire not to connect me to AIM again?

Yes, sending an available “keepalive” presence will indeed log you back on. That’s how the transport detects that you want to log in in the first place. =)

Daniel

Thanks for the answers, I updated to 1.1.4 and my issue was resolved… I think.