All the messages on one page

Hello!

Although I limited the number of msgs per page in my control panel it does not honor this, but rather brings all messages in one rather lenghty page.

So instead of having some “nexr page” on the bottom I see all the stuff on a single page.

Seems to be that this is since you switched to the new forums lately…

Bye

Starry

Starry,

I can’'t reproduce this – seems to work fine for me.

Thanks,

–Bill

Hi,

do you see 3,852 Threads in the Wildfire Support Forum on one HTML page? This should cause problems for the forum software and for your browser and take some ages to load.

LG

Hello!

NO, maybe I explained it wrong:

Lets say I click on a lengthy thread like

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=15695&tstart=0

This is a thread with many (70+) msg in it, right?

I am under the impression that the “Messages per Thread Page: 25” in “forum setup” of the control panel means, that I see msg 1-25 on one html page and than have to choose “next page” or so to see msg 26-50, etc…

Well, in contrast to the old forum software I see now ALL msgs on ONE single HTML page.

Even when I try to manually enter the above link but with an “&tstart=51” I get back the very same page starting with msg 1 from Sep 2005 all the way down to the last msg from yesterday or so.

I think it should have started at msg 51 and down up to the last msg…

Got me now?

Thanks

Starry

Ok, that’‘s better detail. Here’‘s an obvious question – you’‘ve actually set a value to use for the “Messages per Thread Page” setting right? If not, choose 25 and then click “Save”. If it still fails, let me know. I’'m trying to figure out if the default setting is not being picked up.

Thanks,

–Bill

Hello!

Tried setting it to 10 or 15 without any difference, still see the whole thing in one page.

I did not logout in between however.

Yes I reloaded the page and/or chose another thread to avoid cache effects…

ADDON: When I switch to FLAT Mode it works!

Going to THREAD in “Thread-Page View” then it shows everything. Looks like a bug to me.

Bye

Starry