Allow users to change their groups

I would like my users to be able to change the group they want to be in on my server, so I created a JSP to enter a user into table jivegroupuser with a existing group. When I look in Oracle I can see the my JSP added the user to the group, but it does not change in JIVE Group Summary. What am I doing wrong or is there a better way I can approch this issue?

here is my insert statement:

insert into jivegroupuser (groupname, username, administrator) values (’‘newgroup’’, ‘‘myusername’’, ‘‘0’’)

Hi Randy,

Your SQL is correct, the issue that you are running into is that Messenger uses a caching scheme where changes made directly to the database may not be detected for up to six hours or until Messenger is restarted. To have your updates made available immediately the best thing to do would be to use the Messenger API (via a plugin) to make changes to groups. To get started developing plugins take a look at the url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/messenger/docs/latest/documentation/plugi n-dev-guide.htmlJive Messenger Plugin Developer Guide[/url].

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Message was edited by:

ryang - fixed typo