Ant build for flex 4 / flash builder 4?

I just grabbed the latest SparkWeb from SVN. I need to build the SparkWebCore.swc for my project which I’m moving from flex3.5 to flex4.

If I try to run my app with the SparkWebCore that is compiled with flex3x. I get the error:

13:29:19.782 [INFO] OUTGOING:

<quTypeError: Error #1006: getResourceBundle is not a function.

at com.jivesoftware.spark.managers::Localizator()[/Users/jimc/prj/sparkweb/sparkwe b/SparkWebCore/com/jivesoftware/spark/managers/Localizator.as:28]

So… I checked out from svn here: svn co http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/sparkweb/trunk/

I edited build/build.xml and set my FLEX_HOME like so: /Applications/Adobe Flash Builder 4/sdks/4.0.0

I run ‘ant sparkweb’ and it can’t find the Message class from XIFF:

[mxmlc] /Users/jimc/tmp/sparkweb/SparkWebCommonComponents/com/jivesoftware/spark/events /NotifyEvent.as(34): col: 41 Error: Type was not found or was not a compile-time constant: Message.

[mxmlc]

[mxmlc] public function set message(inMessage:Message):void {

I am able to build XIFF.swc using the xiff svn. I see that xiff is right in the sparkweb project too, so it shouldn’t have any trouble finding it… you would think. hmmm…

Has anyone built SparkWebCore and related with flex4?

-Jim

Hi Jim,

I just ran into the same issue. Attached is a patch for Localizator.as that should fix it.

However, after fixing the Localizator, I had to fix a number of other issues. Right now I have it compiling and running, but the styles are a mess. If I get everything sorted out I’ll check out a fresh copy from svn and try to put together a full Flex 3 -> Flex 4 migration patch for SparkWeb.