powered by Jive Software

Ant Build Scripts / Build Documentation

For those pining for documentation, I’ve just committed ant build scripts to the SVN trunk for XIFF. You can build the documentation (if you have ant installed) by simply typing “ant docs” at the command line. “ant release” (the default build) will build a release xiff.swc file in the bin directory.

BEFORE you do this, however, be sure the build.properties file is set up correctly for your environment. You will need the Flex 3 SDK installed somewhere.

The documentation is largely incomplete and somewhat outdated. That’s the next task on the to-do list

P.S. I think I got all the classes in the manifest.xml file, but if you notice anything missing, please let me know.

Just FYI, not sure if I’ve done something wrong here but I was not able to generate the docs:

I did a:

svn co [http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/xiff/trunk](http://svn.igniterealtime.org/svn/repos/xiff/trunk) xiff

Configured the build.properties for my local environment, then ran “ant docs” and I get:

Buildfile: build.xml

clean-docs:
[mkdir] Created dir: C:\Flash\xiff_svn\xiff\docs

compile-docs:
[exec] Loading configuration file C:\Flash\flex_sdk_3\frameworks\flex-config.xml
[exec] C:\Flash\xiff_svn\xiff\src\org\jivesoftware\xiff\data\whiteboard\Path.as(27): col: 47 Error: Definition org.
jivesoftware.xiff.data.whiteboard:WhiteboardExtension could not be found.
[exec]
[exec] import org.jivesoftware.xiff.data.whiteboard.WhiteboardExtension;
[exec] ^
[exec]
[exec] C:\Flash\xiff_svn\xiff\src\org\jivesoftware\xiff\events\PresenceEvent.as(27): col: 36 Error: Definition org.
jivesoftware.xiff.data:Presence could not be found.
[exec]
[exec] import org.jivesoftware.xiff.data.Presence;
[exec] ^
[exec]
[exec] Result: 2

docs:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Seems odd to me as both of the files DO exist and nothing appears to be wrong with them. A release build executes without error and I get an xiff.swc in my bin dir.

Thanks,

Peter Richards

Getting the same error here and looking into it now.

Alright. Fixed! There’s a new build.xml in SVN.

Not sure what was causing the error, but I changed the params being passed to asdoc to use -doc-namespaces instead of -doc-sources and that did the trick.

Works for me after an update.

Thanks!