AntClassLoader ClassCastException While Building the IM Gateway plugin on Eclipse 3.3 on leopard 10.5.2

I’m new here, so if I’m violating community guidelines in any way, please tell me and I’ll happily attempt to be a better citizen.

I followed the documentation for building openfire from SVN with eclipse 3.3 and successfully built and ran openfire. I then tried building the im gateway plugin based both on the directions from the Building Kraken document. I also tried using the directions from the Openfire Plugins Setup Guide for Eclipse document, but also had no success. Both ways failed similarly. I checked out the latest releases of both openfire (3.5.1) and the im gateway plugin (1.2.3). I’m running on Mac OS 10.5.2 with the 1.5.0_13 Mac JDK. I’m also running eclipse 3.3.1.1.

This is the stack trace I get from ant when using the jar target in gateway/build/build.xml:

BUILD FAILED

/eclipse-workspaces/openfire/gateway/build/build.xml:119: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/eclipse-workspaces/openfire/openfire/build/build.xml:1258: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/eclipse-workspaces/openfire/openfire/build/build.xml:1447: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader

This is the stack trace I get from ant when using the openfire plugin target with ‘gateway’ as the value of the ‘plugin’ property:

BUILD FAILED

/eclipse-workspaces/openfire/openfire/build/build.xml:1258: The following error occurred while executing this line:

/eclipse-workspaces/openfire/openfire/build/build.xml:1447: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tools.ant.AntClassLoader

When I run the gateway/build/build.xml jar target from the command lin, the build succeeds. Perhaps this is an eclipse bug? I would really like to have good integration with my build environment, and I’m pretty good with tracking down eclipse issues, but not as much with ant. My guess is that I’ve got two ant versions conflicting with each other, or perhaps two different ant jars of the same version getting picked up by different classloaders.

Thanks.

-Heath