Any attempt to make XIFF 3.0.0 work with Flash cs3?

Hi,

Last night i have downloaded XIFF 3.0.0 Beta and tried to make a connection to my local openfire server. Everything just went fine, until i wanted to test more. Firstly, i wanted to try Roster actions and ooppps, ArrayCollection class was missing. I have downloaded an unofficial implementation of ArrayCollection class but it gave override problems. Then i downloaded the official arraycollection class from opensource.adobe.com, and it gave a lot of problems to.

After a few minutes, i have solved my problem, but then my attempt to connect to a Room was really horrible too because of lots of missing classes.

As the bottom line, what is XIFF 3.0.0 developed for? Do we really need to use Adobe Flex and move all of the frames, drawings to flex poor un-visual platform?

Or, could anybody make XIFF 3.0.0 work with AS3? Any package exist for the missing classes?

Thanks,

hi,

Yes, afaik XIFF3 is destined for Flex Builder. But I read in a post here that you can download the free Flex SDK and copy its classes to your flash project. You can do that to get the original ArrayCollection.

I didn’t try it, I can’t tell you if it worked or not.

Heya,

I’ve gotten XIFF3 to work in Flash CS3, however I am gettin the same stupid error over and over again.

At first I would receive the 401 Error Not authorized even when testing locally, however I later got that to work.

Now as I have uploaded it to my server, it is giving the same error again. I am very familiar with crossdomain issues, and have adjusted everything for that issue, so I strongly believe this isnt the problem.

I am however logging into jabber.org if that is of any use. They do have a crossdomain.xml as well.

If anyone could help me figure this out, or knows anything I would really appreciate it.

Cheers,

tmh