Any way to enable jabber:iq:browse and jabber:iq:agents?

@guus This is what the trace log says when I make a request (from the bottom up):

2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#info request on facebook.my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#info request on discord.my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#info request on telegram.my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#info request on skype.my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#info request on icq.my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Perform disco#items request on my.xmpp.server on behalf of user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Find agents of my.xmpp.server for user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
2023.01.16 19:33:24 TRACE [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-2]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.IQAgentInformationHandler - Processing Agent Information request from user@my.xmpp.server/Resource 
1 Like

The agentinfo plugin had a problem with discovering information about external components. I’ve logged that issue here. There is now a new snapshot release of the plugin available in which this problem should be fixed.

This should resolve the issue with the Spectrum transports.

The issue with search is probably not fixed by this. I think that boils down to an incompatibility in our search plugin.

The browse plugin likely has the same problem. Let’s verify that the fix for the agentinfo plugin is OK, then we can apply the same fix.

@guus It’s working! :smiley:
Thanks a lot!!

I now applied the same change to the jabber browsing plugin. A snapshot should be available by the time I finish writing this text. I suspect that there are other issues with these plugins.

For one: they do not generate answer for the ‘agents’ themselves, only for the root Openfire domain. When a client queries the root domain (Openfire), the plugin will answer as expected. However, when the clients query a sub-domain (eg: spectrum) directly, then that component is unlikely to understand the request, and will error out. There might be ways around this, but that’s going to be time-consuming.

Sounds like a tricky one. It’s working like it should for me, all running on the same machine. I can register and deregister and everything seems to be working just fine.

1 Like

Well, that’s good to hear. I can live with a couple of theoretical issues if in practice, you’re not running into them. :smiley:

Hey @guus! I noticed that the 1.0.1 snapshots that got made are now gone from the plugins page for some reason, and the only version avaliable (1.0.0) is the one with the broken disco#info requests.

Is it possible to push your changes to make an official new 1.0.1 release for both plugins?

Hi there! I’m unsure why the snapshots disappeared. Snapshots are a bit ephemeral in nature anyway, so I’m not going to worry to much about that. Instead, I’ve created a proper 1.0.1 release, that should have the exact same change. It is available for download now. Give it a spin, and let us know if it works for you!

Thanks @guus! Can you do the same with the Jabber Browsing plugin that suffers from the same bug?

Done!

1 Like

Both the Agent Information plugin and the Jabber Browsing plugin had a 1.0.1 release on Jul 24, 2023. Can’t you see or use those somehow?