Anybody can help me with the logging-in issue?

Hi, guys,

I hope to integrate with wildfire server with our CRM system which is developed under J2EE with mySQL.

The users of our CRM have been allocated into different groups and each group will have a group chat room on the wildfire server.

We hope to enable users to enter his/her group chat room without re-enter the password and username since they already log in the CRM system with these information.

I am not sure this issue is related with jwchat or wildfire server . I would appreciate you very much if you give me some hints about solving this problem.

anybody can help me with this? Thanks a lot.!!!

Hi,

the easiest way to use another website and integrate the login procedure is usually a portal server or a portlet. If your not familar with portlets you may look for other ways.

Maybe MUCkl could help you, it uses pre-defined MUC’‘s and let’'s the end user select a nickname and a MUC. Maybe it is easy to set the username and MUC within your CRM system. It does not offer good security.

So you probably want to continue using JWChat, and integrate it. It should be possible to get the username if you are using the same as within windows using an ActiveX control. So it would only be the password which must be entered. I never tried to use javascript to submit a password to two different domains, this may be tricky.

LG

> Hi,

>

> the easiest way to use another website and integrate

> the login procedure is usually a portal server or a

> portlet. If your not familar with portlets you may

> look for other ways.

>

> Maybe MUCkl could help you, it uses pre-defined MUC’'s

> and let’'s the end user select a nickname and a MUC.

> Maybe it is easy to set the username and MUC within

> your CRM system. It does not offer good security.

>

> So you probably want to continue using JWChat, and

> integrate it. It should be possible to get the

> username if you are using the same as within windows

> using an ActiveX control. So it would only be the

> password which must be entered. I never tried to use

> javascript to submit a password to two different

> domains, this may be tricky.

>

> LG

Hi, thank you for your reply.

Can you explain the idea of using “portlet technology” or a portal server to solve this problem? Currently, we don’'t use any portal server (we know there is a portal server called jetspeed) in our application yet. But we are interested in using portlets to solve this problem. We would appreciate you if you tell us how portlets are able to deal with this.

Do you think this issue is related with external authority?

Thanks.

Hi,

you authenticate with the portal server and it stores as many accounts and usernames for different web applications, so you have a single-sign-on for all web applications and can make sure that all applications match your corporate design while the applications you are using may use different user names/passwords and may be hosted anywhere. In your case it would be a CRM and a JWChat portlet. You could also create a yahoo-mail portlet if you would like to. Depending on the portal features it will be more or less easy to create a portlet.

I hope that jetspeed offers a DOM parser to assist you parsing the JWChat web pages and create the forms to submit login data and render the chat windows.

LG