Anybody HELP me!

Good day! I installed WildFire. I use PSI. What should i do to chat in ICQ from jabber PSI. Tell me steps to do( 1,2,3…) I think i need to configure ICQ gateway 4 Wildfire, but how to do this i don’‘t know, because i’'m 0 in it problem! Please! Help me to Configure ICQ gateway!

http://ejabberd.jabber.ru/pyicqt

Have you tried to search in this forum with Gateway, ICQ queries? There is no precise step-by-step tutorial to do this, but a lot of tips. Try this thread:

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=99921#99921

and let us know where do you get stuck.

Yeah! Hallelujah! I made this! I’'m a not a lammer!

So. How to install ICQ Transport with WildFire Jabber Server on WinXP SP2…

or

How to make a Jabber Server With ICQ Transport Support on WinXP SP2.

Here is simple steps to do:

1. Download Wildfire Jabber Server (best server at this moment)

http://www.jivesoftware.org/download-landing.jsp?file=builds/wildfire/wildfire_2 _5_0.exe = 17Mb

1. Downlload Python for Win installer (i don’'t know what is this - tell me please someone for what?)

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.4.2/python-2.4.2.msi = 9.22Mb

1. Download Twisted for Win installer (i don’’ t know what is this - tell me please!!)

http://tmrc.mit.edu/mirror/twisted/Twisted/2.2/Twisted_NoDocs-2.2.0.win32-py2.4. exe = 2.13Mb

1. Download pyICQ-t

http://www.blathersource.org/download.php/pyicq-t/pyicq-t-0.7.tar.gz =

Installation

1. Install Wildfire server - it’'s very simple

2. Install Python with default configuration - it’'s very simple

3. Install Twisted with default configuration - it’'s very simple

4. Open Control Panel -> System (Or Ri??? click on My Computer ->Options("???" in russian) -> ??? (Anybody translate plz in to english!) -> Variables -> Select “Path” and press Edit. Add to the end of string path to python.exe. Default is: ;c:\Python24

5. Uncompress to any folder pyICQ-t

6. rename example_config.xml to config.xml and edit it:

The ‘‘jid’’ setting should be what ID you want the transport to take on the network. Example: icq.myserver.org

The ‘‘mainServer’’ setting should be the IP address or DNS of the main Jabber server. Default: 127.0.0.1

The ‘‘secret’’ setting should match the secret specified for component connections in your main Jabber server. It’'s a password that only the Jabber server and the transport must know. Default: password

The ‘‘port’’ setting is the port that the transport and ejabberd server agree to use to connect between them (more details on this below). Default: 5347

The ‘‘name’’ setting should be what name you wish users to see in a service discovery request.

You can also turn on debugging options, and customise some of the text that is sent to the users in this file.

all settings listing:

jid: This is the Jabber ID that you would like to associate with this transport.

compjid: This is the component Jabber ID of the transport, for XCP clustering.

spooldir: This is the location of the spool directory associated with this transport. This should -not- include the JID as the actual spool used is this config option + “/” + jid.

pid: This is the full path to a file you would like to store the transport’'s PID in.

mainServer: This is the hostname/ip address of the Jabber server this transport is to connect to.

mainServerJID: This is the jabber id of the Jabber server this transport is to connect to.

website: This is the web site that an end user can visit to find informamtion on your Jabber server.

port: This is the port over which this transport is to communicate with the Jabber server.

icqServer: This is the OSCAR server the transport will connect to.

icqPort: This is the port over which the transport will connect with the ICQ/OSCAR servers.

webport: This is the port over which the web admin interface is to respond.

secret: This is a shared secret between your Jabber server and this transport.

encoding: This is the default encoding you want messages to be treated as. Note that Unicode support nullifies this, but not all ICQ clients support that.

lang: This is the default language you would like this transport to us when sending transport-initiated messages back to the user.

socksProxyServer: This is the hostname/ip address of a socks5 proxy server that the transport is to connect to AOL’'s OSCAR servers through.

socksProxyPort: This is the port of a socks5 proxy server that the transport is to connect to AOL’'s OSCAR servers through.

sessionGreeting: Set this to a welcome message you want your users to see upon logging in. Leave blank/unset if you want no welcome message.

registerMessage: Set this to a welcome message you want your users to see upon registering with the transport. Leave blank/unset if you want no welcome message.

crossChat: Enable this to permit chatting with ICQ users as well as AIM users.

disableRegister: Enable this to disable registration with the transport.

disableAvatars: Enable this to disable all avatar support in the transport.

disableDefaultAvatar: Enable this to disable use of the default avatars. (ie, only show avatars if the person actually has one set)

avatarsOnlyOnChat: Enable this to only retrieve avatars during a chat session.

disableWebPresence: Enable this to disable web presence indicator.

disableXHTML: Enable this to disable all XHTML support.

disableMailNotifications: Enable this to disable e-mail notification support.

enableAutoInvite: Enable this to trigger the transport to ping all known users upon startup, triggering them to log in if they’'re available.

admins: JIDs listed within this tag will have access to restricted ad-hoc command functionality.

reactor: Choose between version low-level reactors that drive the base functionality of the transport. Choices are: poll (default), kqueue, and epoll.

xdbDriver: Choose between various methods of storing the transport’'s database. Current choices are: xmlfiles (default), mysql, legacyjittransport (backwards compatibility with JIT), and legacyaimtransport (backwards compatibility with c-based aim-transport). Note that some drivers have associated configuration options explained in config_example.xml.

useXCP: This enables protocol extensions that Jabber.com’'s server contains.

saslUsername: This, combined with secret, are the credentials that will be used when doing a SASL bind with a Jabber server.

useJ2Component: This enables protocol extensions that the JabberD2 server uses to allow binding as one or more JIDs. Requires saslUser.

1. Spool directory

This directory must match some conditions, it must:

-be writeable by whatever system user will be running PyICQ-t

-have the same name as the ‘‘jid’’ value you specified above in config.xml.

You must create the directory:

-If you are starting a new installation, just create the directory.

-If you are upgrading from the old C version of ICQ-t then copy your existing spool directory. Don’'t forget to rename it to the ‘‘jid’’ value you specified on config.xml (icq.myserver.org - create this folder in the folder where config.xml).

1. Start “Run” by pressing Win+?

2. type cmd and press enter

3. go to the folder pyICQ-t (where are u unpacked it?)? using 4 example:

cd c: - go to drive ?

cd documents and settings\alexey\desktop\jabber\pyICQ-t

then type “python pyicqt.py

(if ? started it more than 1 time - reboot windows)

1. start wildfire server - launch admin - go to external components (server tab) and enter:

enabled

port = 5347

Default shared secret: your password (in config.xml)

press “save settings”

enter:

Subdomain: icq.myserver.org

Shared Secret: your password

press “add component” and then “save settings”

then restart server.

whooah to sorockinalex!!!

Thanks a lot for contribution!!!

Regards,

wmhtet

But 1 problem i discovered! In Jabber Client Psi:

Menu -Service Discover - Icq transport - Register.

I enter my login & password, but nothing! it’'s not connecting!

and one question!

how to make all of this (Wildfire and it embedded database, Python, Twisted) portable?

it writes in debug window:

exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: ‘‘utf8’’ codec can’'t decode bytes in position 26-27: invalid data

that’‘s why it’'s not connecting! How to correct this tell me please!

how to solve this problen - edit file main??? in pyICQ-t\src dir

in this place:

sys.setdefaultencoding(’‘utf8’’)

#sys.setdefaultencoding(’‘iso-8859-1’’)

#del sys.setdefaultencoding

A bit crude but ok I have recommended this as a tutorial for ICQ Gateway setup.

Python - is “an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, extensible programming language”. By installing it you make it possible to compile and run .py files. This is some what like PHP.

Twisted is an additional module for Python which extends its capabilities.

Well you need all of this because this Gateway is written in python.

Portable? You mean to copy it to any other place and to run? Not sure if this could work. You would still have to edit Paths for python, java, etc.

After this command:

python pyicqt.py

In cmd window i see:

C:\Program Files\Wildfire\pyicq-t-0.7a>python pyicqt.py

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “pyicqt.py”, line 11, in ?

import main

File “C:\Program Files\Wildfire\pyicq-t-0.7a\src\main.py”, line 113, in ?

from twisted.internet import pollreactor as bestreactor

File "C:\Program Files\Wildfire\Python\lib\site-packages\twisted\internet\poll

reactor.py", line 29, in ?

poller = select.poll()

AttributeError: ‘‘module’’ object has no attribute ‘‘poll’’

C:\Program Files\Wildfire\pyicq-t-0.7a>

How I can resolve this problem?

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=113672&#113672

Message was edited by: IT_Prof