Asterisk-IM 1.4.0 on Openfire 3.4.3 busted?

Oh my. That worked! I even get presence active in Spark. Very interesting. Should I keep the privs that high? A little scary that it can run away like that but by raising them higher it actually works, I get a green light and it gives me an accurate drop down list on the mappings.

Brilliant. thanks again.

One more thing, I don’t suppose I could get it to link to other devices like an FXS device? Most of my users are on a legacy device that I’m feeding via FXS but I might run them through asterisk sometime but for now it works great.

It’s probably possible to lower them a bit but that needs further testing. So for now I would keep it the way they are.

You can actually use any channel type with Asterisk-IM, it’s just that IAX/xxx and SIP/xxx are in the dropdown list because Asterisk allows to retrieve the details for SIP and IAX peers. There is a text field where you can manually enter the channel name for other channel types.

This looks like my issue too exactly.

I get the permission denied messages while watching via ngrep.

T +0.060958 12.12.12.12:45318 -> 34.34.34.34:5038

action: Command…actionid: 30035636_2#…command: show version files pbx.c…

T +0.000042 34.34.34.34:5038 -> 12.12.12.12:45318

Response: Error…

T +0.000008 34.34.34.34:5038 -> 12.12.12.12:45318

ActionID: 30035636_2#…

T +0.108143 34.34.34.34:5038 -> 12.12.12.12:45318

I have “read = call,command,agent,user” and “write =” which used to work fine with asterisk-im 1.3

Apparently something has changed. For security reasons I only allow the openfire server to read phone presence info, i don’t want any more information exposed, and especially any write ability.

Any way I can change this to work as the 1.3 version did?

For 1.4.0 I’ve upgraded the underlying Java library that handles the connection to Asterisk.

It uses the “show version files pbx.c” to determine which version of Asterisk it connects to. If you disallow this command this will fail.

It seems the newer version of that library stays in an infinite loop trying to rerun the command. This is certainly bad. I’ll think of a solution for the next version.

I’ve created PHONE-73 to track this.

Thank you for looking into this. At least for now it is working and it tickles me to see the state change.

Since this is specific to asterisk I’ll likely not be able to detect presence from a GXW FXS device that doesn’t talk directly to * since the ports go directly to a legacy PBX, I could feed it from an * trunk but for now it doesn’t. Perhaps the presence on the extensions that are on my * box will prompt a migration away from the lego system…

Thanks again and I’ll keep an eye out for updates.