powered by Jive Software

Authentication error with Miranda 7.3 after upgrade to Openfire 3.4.5

Ever since I upgraded to Openfire v 3.4.5, Miranda 7.3 w/ jabber.dll 0.7.3.0 will not authenticate. I can register a new user, but cannot logon. As far as I know, Miranda does not really have any problems logging into other jabber servers. Has anybody else experienced this?

Works fine with Miranda IM 0.8 Testing Build 7.

I just tried with v0.8 build 9 and it didn’t work.

If at all possible, can you or anybody try registering and logging into my server with miranda so I can be sure that it’s not only mine with the problem.

The server is jabber.grabyourgat.com

Hey Drew,

The problem is that the XMPP domain of the server is www1 and if you try to connect to jabber.grabyourgat.com then Miranda is using the incorrect XMPP domain for the authentication thus it fails. I would recommend contacting Miranda developers and alert them of the problem. Miranda should learn the actual XMPP domain of the server from the initial stream header returned from the server. Meanwhile, change your server name in Openfire to be jabber.grabyourgat.com.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thanks for the suggestion, although I have changed the server name to jabber and it still won’t authenticate.

Hey Drew,

I see that you changed the XMPP domain to jabber but not jabber.grabyourgat.com. Since Miranda is using the XMPP domain as part of the authentication and it is not using the XMPP domain in the returned stream header you need to make them match both the server and the client. That means that you have to change Openfire to use the domain jabber.grabyourgat.com.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thanks for the suggestion, although I have changed the server name to jabber and it still won’t authenticate.

~ Drew

Also, this might help. Here is my network log from Miranda.

PS_SETSTATUS( 40072 )

KeepStatus: assigning status 40072 to JABBER

Thread started: type=0

SetAwayMsg called, wParam=40072 lParam=(null)

xmpp-client.tcp.jabber.grabyourgat.com not resolved

Thread type=0 server=‘jabber.grabyourgat.com’ port=‘5222’

(2596) Connected to jabber.grabyourgat.com:5222

Local IP = 10.10.10.11

Stream is initializing after connect

(03E8EF60:2596) Data sent

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

Entering main recv loop

(03E8EF60:2596) Data received

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

recvResult = 179

XML: skip <?xml> tag

bytesParsed = 179

(03E8EF60:2596) Data received

recvResult = 486

(03E8EF60:2596) Data sent

bytesParsed = 486

(03E8EF60:2596) Data received

recvResult = 212

MD5 challenge = <realm=“jabber”,nonce=“RFKIaz7aEgCYmh73uSzkGlkrhKwVWMvM9zuoIw25”,qop=“auth”,cha rset=“utf-8”,algorithm="md5-sess"ººº«>

(03E8EF60:2596) Data sent

bytesParsed = 212

(03E8EF60:2596) Data received

recvResult = 77

(03E8EF60:2596) Data sent

</stream:stream>

Hope that helps a little more.

~ Drew

Hey Drew,

As I said using jabber as your XMPP domain is not enough if you are using Miranda. Your XMPP domain has to be jabber.grabyourgat.com so you can connect using Miranda to the server jabber.grabyourgat.com.

Regards,

– Gato

ohhh, I didn’t realize you meant the FQDN. It works now

I’ll also submit a bug report to the miranda devs.

Thanks!

Drew